Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie?

Options
  • 18-06-2014 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Whats the story here?

'You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user.'

I've been around this site since Bill Cullen Esq. has been sh1teing nappies!

Regards

Johnny - Boards.ie Power User

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Johnny,
    It is not a bug I'm afraid. Due to serious spam issues, we had to recently change the permissions for new or low post users.

Users with less than 50 posts are not allowed to make posts containing images, attachments or URLs. Once you have reached 50 posts, you will have permission to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Johnny_191

Hi Johnny,
    It is not a bug I'm afraid. Due to serious spam issues, we had to recently change the permissions for new or low post users.

Users with less than 50 posts are not allowed to make posts containing images, attachments or URLs. Once you have reached 50 posts, you will have permission to do so.

Ah come on Niamh have I not proved myself over the last 13 years that I am no spam machine.

Could you allow an acceptance giving my good tenure.

Regards
    Johnny

I'm actually thinking at this stage that the

Boards.ie staff member 'Niamh' is on leave from work,

Regards

Johnny

Hi Johnny, I'm not on leave (unfortunately).
    We aren't lifting the rules for anyone; your attempt at upping your post count with blank posts in this thread is not appreciated. Feel free to join in any conversation on the site to naturally increase your post count.

• Advertisement

But when I as a member of boards.ie a couple of year ago it was only 25 posts before you can post a link, could you even apply legacy rules for me?

If it stands for anything I've defended boards.ie when friends and family only had bad things to say!

Regards

Johnny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement