Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help regarding Facebook!

• 18-06-2014 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey guys.

Last night I accidentally clicked on a dodgy link on Facebook on my iPhone 5 and now I'm panicking my account might be hacked. I went through all the security settings, changed my password and also turned on text notifications for login information. Anyway, I got four texts this morning to say my account had been accessed at various times last night by an IOS Facebook Integration Account. What is this and should I be worried?

Míle buíochas in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Did you log onto facebook four times last night at the times specified by texts? If so it was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 irishlassy1

FSL wrote: »
    Did you log onto facebook four times last night at the times specified by texts? If so it was you.

No... I'm pretty sure I'd have realised if it was me logging in, signed out around 11 last night and signed in again just after 7 this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Hey guys.

Last night I accidentally clicked on a dodgy link on Facebook on my iPhone 5 and now I'm panicking my account might be hacked. I went through all the security settings, changed my password and also turned on text notifications for login information. Anyway, I got four texts this morning to say my account had been accessed at various times last night by an IOS Facebook Integration Account. What is this and should I be worried?

Míle buíochas in advance!

I've highlighted the appropriate sections of your post. And I note I could be entirely wrong.

From what you said this appears to be Facebook letting you know you changed your security settings and password using your own iPhone.

IOS Integration Account = a facebook account linked to an IOS device.

IOS = the Iphones operating system (like windows 7). It's probably saying that because when you set up login notifications you didn't add your device as a recognized device so then every attempt to change something on Facebook had Facebook going "Oh this device isn't on the list of devices I know so I better send a text notification".

The reason you only got the texts the next morning? I would imagine the texts would only be sent during business hours by default to avoid waking you up in the middle of the night. I've never used Facebook on mobile or set up text notifications so if anyone knows when the messages are sent please say so, I am presuming they are sent during the day as opposed to 4am in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 irishlassy1

I've highlighted the appropriate sections of your post. And I note I could be entirely wrong.

From what you said this appears to be Facebook letting you know you changed your security settings and password using your own iPhone.

IOS Integration Account = a facebook account linked to an IOS device.

IOS = the Iphones operating system (like windows 7). It's probably saying that because when you set up login notifications you didn't add your device as a recognized device so then every attempt to change something on Facebook had Facebook going "Oh this device isn't on the list of devices I know so I better send a text notification".

The reason you only got the texts the next morning? I would imagine the texts would only be sent during business hours by default to avoid waking you up in the middle of the night. I've never used Facebook on mobile or set up text notifications so if anyone knows when the messages are sent please say so, I am presuming they are sent during the day as opposed to 4am in the morning.

I was trying to do some research on the whole Integration Account thing and basically it's something to do with allowing Facebook access to your contacts, photos etc. I went into Facebook through settings and disabled all of these permissions and have had no issues since! That link I clicked on was from America and the IP locations of all of the accesses that I noted were irish, so I think I've sorted it! Thanks so much for your help :-)

Advertisement