Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

29th Annual Coillte 10k Road Race Dundrum

Options
  • 18-06-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Dundrum Athletic Club presents the 29th Annual Coillte 10k

Wednesday 2nd July 2014 at 8pm

Flat two lap circuit measured by Jones Counter.

Quality embroidered souvenir hand towel for all finishers.

The Tim Crowe Memorial Trophy to be presented to the first Tipperary Athlete.

Also 5k for Junior Men and Women (one lap ran with 10k event)

Prizes
    First 6 Senior Men
    First 2 Vet. Men O/40
    First 2 Vet. Men O/45
    First 2 Vet. Men O/50
    First Vet. Man O/55
    First Vet. Man O/60

First 6 Senior Women
    First 2 Vet. Women O/35
    First 2 Vet. Women O/40
    First 2 Vet. Women O/45
    First Vet. Woman O/50
    First Vet. Woman O/55

First 3 Junior Men and Women
    First Wheelchair
    Plus Spot Prizes

€100 for winner of the Senior Men's and Women's Race.

€200 for new 10k course record Men and Women.

Course Record Holders

Men Daniel Gidumbanda Tanzania 1997 29:45

Women Rosemary Ryan Bilboa 2003 34:28

Entry on the night €15 Senior/Vets €10 Juniors
    YOU CAN REGISTER ONLINE @ precision timing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would recommend this to anyone looking for a 10k PB (and a snazzy towel ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elnino2010

Full preview on the munster running website.

To quote same

"Overall.......Picturesque village with a lot of history. Seriously fast 10k course. Hardly a hill worth talking about and plenty of long straight sections. Must be one of the fastest 10k courses in Munster if not the country."

Bump!

Looking like a nice (but not too nice) evening for a run....haven't ran since Friday evening so will be on the line either really really fresh or out of shape a bit.

Hoping to be hovering around th 40 min mark but would be happy with a < 41min with the way my training has been going

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Bump!

Looking like a nice (but not too nice) evening for a run....haven't ran since Friday evening so will be on the line either really really fresh or out of shape a bit.

Hoping to be hovering around th 40 min mark but would be happy with a < 41min with the way my training has been going

Meh...tough night for me in the end. Missed all my targets and was even slower than my time in Bilboa (which I regard as a much more challenging course) last month.

Not sure where it all went wrong - was grand for the first 4-5k but it kinda fell apart for me after that.

Anyway, seemed like a good turnout and some fast times for everyone else so well done to everyone involved in the organisation. Worth mentioning that it must be the fastest results turnaround I've ever seen - kudos to whoever was crunching the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Meh...tough night for me in the end. Missed all my targets and was even slower than my time in Bilboa (which I regard as a much more challenging course) last month.

Not sure where it all went wrong - was grand for the first 4-5k but it kinda fell apart for me after that.

Anyway, seemed like a good turnout and some fast times for everyone else so well done to everyone involved in the organisation. Worth mentioning that it must be the fastest results turnaround I've ever seen - kudos to whoever was crunching the numbers
    An average evening for myself, little slower than expected, just wasn't at it. Real enjoyable race though, perfectly organized, although there were some odd prizes, I went home with a garden fork, seen an ironing board and other such things. As flat a race as I've ever done, would love to give it a real lash next year, a weekend at a boozy weeding not the best prep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

An average evening for myself, little slower than expected, just wasn't at it. Real enjoyable race though, perfectly organized, although there were some odd prizes, I went home with a garden fork, seen an ironing board and other such things. As flat a race as I've ever done, would love to give it a real lash next year, a weekend at a boozy weeding not the best prep

ronnie085 wrote: »

Yeah...had a (very rare) boozy weekend too at the Arcade Fire gig....ideally would have done a couple of tune-up runs over the weekend so it came back to haunt me about halfway round.

Manage yet again to run a non-negative (positive?) split - only managed it once in 10 years (when I thought I was injured but was actually ok)....will get sense someday soon ;)

Advertisement