Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing up email after domain is cancelled

• 18-06-2014 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hello,

I have cancelled a domain and am only now looking to backup the emails after the fact.  I didnt think this would pose a problem as I can still access the emails via the web interface. 

However, it turns out I am not able to download the sent items.  I can setup a pop3 account in outlook and download the inbox, but not the sent items.  For this I need to use IMAP, but outlook insists that you send an automatic test email in order to complete the setup (the option to uncheck send test email is disabled).  With the domain cancelled, the email obviously fails and I cannot proceed to setup the account.

So the question is, is there anyway to download\backup my emails or sent items using the control panel?  Or any other method you can advise? 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

To clarify, I'm still a backlight customer and have other domains on the same subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'd recommend contacting our helpdesk for options.

You should be able to connect to the mailbox as long as it still exists, though, as you've noted, some of the tests some email software attempt will probably fail

Advertisement