Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stryker Gallup Telephone Interview

• 18-06-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Got a call this morning and have the interview on Monday morning. I've been doing a bit of research to find out about it but no luck. From the info on the PeoplesRepublicOfCork site everybody seems disaffected by the interview process and they all seem to be saying stay well clear of them, but that thread is 2 or 3 years old and it seems that it was more a filled in questionnaire as opposed to a telephone interview.

Has anyone been through this recently and what type of questions are asked. I'm 3 years unemployed now and desperately looking for work, so any help I can get is very, very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

I know someone who went through the Gallup process in the past. It is very tough but you can get through it. My friend did get the job and moved on after a few years. Are you applying through an agency, they might be able to give you some tips / sample questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

oakshade wrote: »
    I know someone who went through the Gallup process in the past. It is very tough but you can get through it. My friend did get the job and moved on after a few years. Are you applying through an agency, they might be able to give you some tips / sample questions?

No. Direct through Stryker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Few people talk about the Limerick site on here if you look around http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Stryker-EI_IE1918.11,18.htm

Glassdoor is great for stuff like that. Have had great success with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I did one a few months back and got through it. Answer the questions honestly rather than what you think they want to hear. The questions are arranged in a way that will allow Gallup to see if your answers all match it (ie telling the truth or what you think they want to hear). Concentrate on life achievements too rather than just work achievements.

What kind of job is it for?

• Advertisement

Right. Forget about my last post. I asked one of the lads here. He said its like a test where they want you to know a small bit about everything rather than a lot about one thing. Don't lie, just be honest with them. I'll try find out more info for you

Cheers dude. Really appreciate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

I done the Gallup interview last year lasted one hour 15 min, tbh i would steer clear of Striker, they seem to do a lot of these interviews and even follow up with a face to face,
    Most of the time you are going for a job and are up against an internal candidate who nearly always gets the job.

BrendanD wrote: »
    I done the Gallup interview last year lasted one hour 15 min, tbh i would steer clear of Striker, they seem to do a lot of these interviews and even follow up with a face to face,
    Most of the time you are going for a job and are up against an internal candidate who nearly always gets the job.

I can understand why you think this as a certain percentage of the company has/had a relative or connection in the place (myself included) but that comment in a load of BS. 4 in 5 people got jobs here with no internal connection. Don't be encouraging people to steer clear when you have no idea what you're on about

I can understand why you think this as a certain percentage of the company has/had a relative or connection in the place (myself included) but that comment in a load of BS. 4 in 5 people got jobs here with no internal connection. Don't be encouraging people to steer clear when you have no idea what you're on about

Besides, the role is for operator work. Lowest point of the food chain in there, I very much doubt office staff would be going for shift work!?

• Advertisement

pajopearl wrote: »
    Besides, the role is for operator work. Lowest point of the food chain in there, I very much doubt office staff would be going for shift work!?

That has happened before but i dont think thats what he meant. I think what Brendan means by internal candidate is a current employees relative will be prioritised. That used to happen a lot

And operators ain't the lowest point of the food chain. This isint your typical factory ;)

Ah yes, I get ya now. I've heard that too. Friend of a friend is working there and he's said it's alot about who you know and not what you know.

pajopearl wrote: »
    Ah yes, I get ya now. I've heard that too. Friend of a friend is working there and he's said it's alot about who you know and not what you know.

That's the vibe the place gives off. I'm in work now and out of the 6 people I can see this minute, only one of them has a connection here. The rest applied like everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

I was not talking about nepotism or operator work but management positions , this is from personal experience and from talking to others that have all been through this as well.
    To say someone is talking BS without fully exploring the argument is quite frankly a bit sad

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arb123

Hello,

Brand new to this forum. Trying to revive this thread... Had a Gallup phone interview 4 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard a peep. Is that normal? Shouldn't I expect to know my results?
    Thanks for your input. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

Hi Guys. I have just got call from Kelly service that I pass aptitude test and will have Gallup test over the phone this week.

Thanks for this topic and sample questions.

Will you let me know exactly where is new Stryker facility in Cork? I know one is little outside Cork but where exactly is the second one?

Thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A quick google says Carrigtwohill but you might want to ask the people over in the Cork forum.

fAzI wrote: »
    Hi Guys. I have just got call from Kelly service that I pass aptitude test and will have Gallup test over the phone this week.

Thanks for this topic and sample questions.

Will you let me know exactly where is new Stryker facility in Cork? I know one is little outside Cork but where exactly is the second one?

Thx

There are two Stryker plants in Cork; Model Farm Road and Carrigtwohill

There are two Stryker plants in Cork; Model Farm Road and Carrigtwohill

Model Farm Road is the one that I apply. Are you working there?

Model Farm Road is the one that I apply. Are you working there?

No I don't, but I know a few people who have.

• Advertisement

No I don't, but I know a few people who have.

did they say anything about this company? any salary, atmosphere or benefits?
    it is worth move to cork for them?

thx for any advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

thx for any advice
    Have you had a look at glassdoor to see if there are any reviews

thx for any advice

As far as I remember they enjoyed working there. I don't know anything about salary and benefits but I guess that will come up at the interview? Cork is a great city in general to live in.

arb123 wrote: »
    Hello,

Brand new to this forum. Trying to revive this thread... Had a Gallup phone interview 4 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard a peep. Is that normal? Shouldn't I expect to know my results?
    Thanks for your input. Cheers.

Hello guys,
    Sorry to pester you. Still trying to get some answer...Does anyone has a clue how long it takes to get the results for Gallup? Is it bad news if I do not hear from them? Thanks!

arb123 wrote: »
    Hello guys,
    Sorry to pester you. Still trying to get some answer...Does anyone has a clue how long it takes to get the results for Gallup? Is it bad news if I do not hear from them? Thanks!

Hi.
    I have no clue, but want to mnie same as you because my Gallup was on lat Friday and still nothing.
    Kelly agency didn't answer my email as well do probably I fail :(

Hi.
    I have no clue, but want to mnie same as you because my Gallup was on lat Friday and still nothing.
    Kelly agency didn't answer my email as well do probably I fail :(

Well, mine was almost 6 weeks ago. The agency that helped me to get this interview doesn't know either. I mean, that's what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ed_32

Hi how are ye I just got a call that I have gallup test with stryker in the morning can anyone help me with sample questions of wat they got asked recently

Thanks @ed_32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭George Michael

sorry to bump the thread.

if you are applying for a general operative job with stryker (in limerick) do you have to do the gallup test, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭fl&sh

Yes. Everyone starting in the last few months has had to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement