Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latin

Options
  • 18-06-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Am i the only one doing latin ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I doubt it. Between 350 and 400 sit it each year at JC and about 100 at LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Boon16

spurious wrote: »
    I doubt it. Between 350 and 400 sit it each year at JC and about 100 at LC.

Oh no I know that , there's 90 odd others in my year doing it , just wondering if anyone else on the forum was doing it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm sure there's a few, but you know what it's like - imagined reactions 'dead language/are you in a posh school/what are you doing that for?' puts people off posting.

I wish I had done it at school. I just missed the last class of it in our school. It is a MASSIVE help when learning other languages put particularly ones like Polish and Russian which can be really tricky without it.

I once saw it used as a common language in the Far East of Siberia, between two elderly men, which was kind of cool. It was the only language they had in common.

Advertisement