Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Classical Studies Papers - Thu. June 19th 2014 - all levels***

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:10pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Classical Studies (OL and HL)
    Thursday June 19th 2014

All discussion and questions about Classical Studies papers goes here, following the exam. Please do not post predictions or discussion here before the exam.

Usual rules apply. Anyone slagging off another poster about the level they did, or a mistake they made, will be banned for the duration of the exams.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bryanbryan2

How was the paper?
    Any problem areas

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

I thought it was a great paper, I was very happy with it! I was a bit thrown by question C in the Pompeii section though, I hadn't studied much about schools

Education very short and just about Ludus & Grammaticus etc
    What type of questions did they ask?

Short questions very balanced but Horrible long questions. some questions so narrow and difficult for good students to express their overall knowledge of classics
    1. Roman Army very easy
    2. Pompeii fine but such a narrow focus on Roman Baths / question on education easy except Rhetor - public speaker
    3. Mycenae & Troy long question very vague and difficult to score well - weapons & warfare in Myceanae such a minute section
    Rest was fine
    4. Iliad tough particularly short Qs
    5. Anthenian Acopolis was a disgrace - nothing about the buildings and the site itself - part C was never seen before:
    Getting an A in that paper is exceptionally tough:
    Just like those who run classics department in Ireland , the paper looked out of date and aimed to catch students out

• Advertisement

Are you a teacher?

No
    Just ex classics student that gives reg grinds in both Leaving & Junior Cert classics
    Very frustrating paper today

Advertisement