Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords: Helicopter last night

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:12pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else woken by it last night? Don't know if it was the Garda or coastguard but the were flying extremely low over the houses.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

No I didn't hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

What time and where in Swords?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh dunno what time but up the cian lae, Louis cian end of the rathbeale road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If it was Rescue 116 I'm sure they'll tell you if you ask 'em

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rescue-116-Dublin-SAR/649935285018546?fref=ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I've lost count on how many times this helicopter has woken me up, the noise of it, noise pollution for sure...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Don't think I've ever heard it. Of course, there could be a number of reasons for that:
    1. I spent my early years near a fairly major railway station, so I unconsciously block out a lot of noise.
    2. I started listening to Iron Maiden when I was thirteen. Things escalated from there and my hearing has never recovered.

Advertisement