Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round (X) Offers Query

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hey there, a curiosity has occurred to me recently, and I was wondering if anyone may be able to shed a light on it as CAO are a bit slow to reply at the moment.

Let's say that come July 3rd, or there abouts, I receive an offer from my 3rd preference. I do a little dance&celebrate, then go about securing accommodation near said course for the year.

August rolls around & the next round of offers come along and I'm, in theory, lucky & get a higher offer. Now, the course I'm offered is the same course as before but at the different end of the country. Where does this leave me?

I know that all higher offers precede lower ones already accepted, but what is the case if someone has a 12 month lease signed in Galway & this acceptance would have them either bankrupted from renting a second place in Cork or running the buses up and down each day at an even larger expense?

*Please don't just say, "don't sign a lease", it's more about a question of rooting myself up again to do a course which if for a flip of a coin would have been lower then the course I was previously accepted to (equally happy with both).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MadelineX

Well in that situation you don't have to accept the higher offer and you can keep with the one you already accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

Ah ok, that's grand so, Ty for clarity

Advertisement