Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Premier League PreSeason Prep

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Remy Cabella has come in at 7.5 too so Newcastle have some quality in midfield again. Riviere is in at 7 as forward too.

Newcastle have some great value options if they can play properly and don't resemble anything like they were from January onwards last season.

Newcastle are usually fine until they reach the magic 40 points round January. Then you need to offload their players.

x43r0 wrote: »
    I had him in an earlier draft but took him out because I figured Rooney at 10.5 also seems like a safer bet. I think that's a great price for Rooney who I'd expect to perform under LVG

Are you not worried about rumours of Rooney being dropped back to midfield to accommodate Mata and RVP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Lemlin wrote: »
    Are you not worried about rumours of Rooney being dropped back to midfield to accommodate Mata and RVP?

That's a good point - I'll keep an eye on how they line up on pre-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What three strikers does everyone currently have in their side? Rooney/Bony/Wickham for me at the minute, but that will no doubt change. Remy at £7.5m if his move to Liverpool comes through would be canny for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Forwards are awful at the minute 2/3 options then just squad fillers.
    Seems like everyone will be mid heavy just so many big hitters.
    Think will make 1 or 2 drafts then just leave it for a while or start a 4 day week in work mmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    What three strikers does everyone currently have in their side? Rooney/Bony/Wickham for me at the minute, but that will no doubt change. Remy at £7.5m if his move to Liverpool comes through would be canny for one.

Sitting at RVP, Remy and Jelavic at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Who are we all expecting Remy to be playing for when putting them in?

I have Wickham, Jelavic and RVP. I'd like to have Costa but I'm thinking if I start off with RVP at least I can downgrade him if needed.

As a Sunderland supporter, are you expecting Wickham to kick on this season Pauly? I had Austin in but took him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

CSF wrote: »
    Who are we all expecting Remy to be playing for when putting them in?

looks like he is off to liverpool, dont think he will start there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Walcott to return to full training at end of August. http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28382986

Sanchez should play on rw until he's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Team for now. I want to include De Gea/ a regular united defender as they seem good value under LVG! Also debuchy seems good value! I think closer to kickoff day I will probably go for a 3-5-2 juggling players around. Tough to predict how strikers will play.. Aguero could be 25+ goals this season if he stays fit but so prone to injury... Diego costa first season in prem... Rvp is in simply because of the LVG factor and MU's early fixtures. Difficult to see how Sturridge will perf! Adebayor seems overlooked, could have a great season with that midfield behind him! Eriksen seems to be the biggest bargain in the game almost! Thoughts on Kone? Could be v decent for 5.5 if Everton continue last seasons form!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I have Wickham, Jelavic and RVP. I'd like to have Costa but I'm thinking if I start off with RVP at least I can downgrade him if needed.

As a Sunderland supporter, are you expecting Wickham to kick on this season Pauly? I had Austin in but took him out.

I was thinking Wickham but apparently he wants out?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=connor+wickham&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#hl=en&q=connor+wickham&tbm=nws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thoughts on Kone? Could be v decent for 5.5 if Everton continue last seasons form!
    He did nothing last season (albeit in just 5 games). It was the seaosn before he hit some form. But I agree, one for the watchlist.

Strikers are a mess this season. No Suarez, Aguero an injury risk, RVP hasn't done much in a year, Costa a unknown. Sturridge seems the only sure thing and even at that how will he fare without Suarez.

I'm currently thinking of Bony, Sturridge and Long/Kone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Work in RVP. He is truly world class. If he fails to produce you can dump him with ease, if he hits form and you don't have him, you're in for a headache to squeeze him in imo.

I'd read very little into that tbh. There's no quote there from anyone involved. Plus it's the Metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Current forwards are: RVP - Costa - Austin

I like my heavy hitters to be up front and while there's a plethora of midfielders in at 9 there's a lot of value in the 7.5 to 6 range too I think.

Remy Cabella - 7.5
    Dusan Tadic - 7.5
    Lazar Markovic - 7.5 (A Liverpool fan might be able to tell me/everyone more about him. I know he's a highly rated winger but thats about it :pac:)
    Siem de Jong - 7
    Barkley - 7
    Odemwingie - 6.5
    Arnie - 6.5
    Puncheon - 6
    Snodgrass - 6
    Sigurdsson - 6

That's not even mentioning those who could become options a few weeks in if they actually play/guaranteed to start:

Mirallas - 7.5
    Schuerrle - 7.5
    Kagawa - 6.5
    Januzaj - 6.5
    The Ox - 6.5
    Pablo Hernandez - 6
    Ben Arfa - 6

The point I'm making is that just because there's loads of players at 9ish doesn't mean you have to have 4/5 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Current forwards are: RVP - Costa - Austin

I like my heavy hitters to be up front and while there's a plethora of midfielders in at 9 there's a lot of value in the 7.5 to 6 range too I think.

Remy Cabella - 7.5
    Dusan Tadic - 7.5
    Lazar Markovic - 7.5 (A Liverpool fan might be able to tell me/everyone more about him. I know he's a highly rated winger but thats about it :pac:)
    Siem de Jong - 7
    Barkley - 7
    Odemwingie - 6.5
    Arnie - 6.5
    Puncheon - 6
    Snodgrass - 6
    Sigurdsson - 6

That's not even mentioning those who could become options a few weeks in if they actually play/guaranteed to start:

Mirallas - 7.5
    Schuerrle - 7.5
    Kagawa - 6.5
    Januzaj - 6.5
    The Ox - 6.5
    Pablo Hernandez - 6
    Ben Arfa - 6

The point I'm making is that just because there's loads of players at 9ish doesn't mean you have to have 4/5 of them.

Ben Arfa training with the reserves as he came back a stone overweight. Could be on his way out.

FHFC wrote: »
    Ben Arfa training with the reserves as he came back a stone overweight. Could be on his way out.
    Being linked with West Ham.

Yeah, I am. For £6.0m I think he's very good value.

He should start most weeks providing Poyet doesn't want to give a fully fit Fletcher a go in that position, which could happen, though that should become apparent very early on.

He just wants to get the best deal possible for himself. I can't say I blame him. It took four years and about 104 managers before he got a proper chance at Sunderland and when he did, he kept us up.

He really does have a massive advantage in these negotiations. We have very few viable striking options outside of him and probably don't have much money to throw at the position. The club can either overpay him, sell for him less than we paid, or let him walk next year. I think (hope) he'll get a new deal sorted before the close of the window, likely on a little bit more money than he should be on.

I need two 4.0m defenders. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I need two 4.0m defenders. Any ideas?

duff however if burnley sign a cb Id expect him to drop to the bench. There is talk of wisdom going on loan to WBA. People being mentioning targett off southampton as a possible shaw replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

bodking wrote: »

Not a single City player! Also Remy is Liverpool bound so you now have 3 pool players... a bit much!

2 Arsenal attacking players.. No United attacking players! I'd spread out my selection across the top sides a bit more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Not a single City player! Also Remy is Liverpool bound so you now have 3 pool players... a bit much!

2 Arsenal attacking players.. No United attacking players! I'd spread out my selection across the top sides a bit more...

I also selected 2 Arsenal players, as to be honest, I believe at the moment Arsenal players are a better bet, as their squad is shaping nicely and with Sanchez and Ramsey, you probably have nailed on starters. With van Gaal coming in, I am not sure if Mata or Rooney will play in behind van Persie and the rest of their attacking players are virtually unknown. I know United supporters are sure Januzaj "has" to play, but van Gaal could easily opt for a narrower 4-3-3 and play someone like Young there instead. I may bring on Mata instead of Ramsey if it looks like van Gaal favors him more. I'll have to see closer to the start of the season.

Selection so far:

GK - Mannone - Krul
    DF - Azpilicueta, Rafael, Debuchy, Evans, Stones
    MF - Sánchez, Fábregas, Barkley, Ramsey, Albrighton
    ST - Koné, Rivière, Diego Costa

I would naturally prefer van Persie rather than Costa in there, but again, I will see closer to the start if anyone of my MF looks unlikely to be a starter, I might trade down to get an extra 2m.

Enrique 5 million made his comeback from longterm injury today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

duff however if burnley sign a cb Id expect him to drop to the bench. There is talk of wisdom going on loan to WBA. People being mentioning targett off southampton as a possible shaw replacement.

I think Chambers will play RB and Clyne will play LB if they don't sign a replacement for Shaw. Targett has yet to make a first team appearance for Southampton so it's unlikely he will feature much this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/the-scout/

A good read.

My core this year is three big mids, one big forward and rotating defs and mids.

I rotated palace and southhampton last year doubling up on keepers defenders and worked well.

Think i will do the same with palace and west ham this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

kalych wrote: »
    I also selected 2 Arsenal players, as to be honest, I believe at the moment Arsenal players are a better bet, as their squad is shaping nicely and with Sanchez and Ramsey, you probably have nailed on starters. With van Gaal coming in, I am not sure if Mata or Rooney will play in behind van Persie and the rest of their attacking players are virtually unknown. I know United supporters are sure Januzaj "has" to play, but van Gaal could easily opt for a narrower 4-3-3 and play someone like Young there instead. I may bring on Mata instead of Ramsey if it looks like van Gaal favors him more. I'll have to see closer to the start of the season.

Selection so far:

GK - Mannone - Krul
    DF - Azpilicueta, Rafael, Debuchy, Evans, Stones
    MF - Sánchez, Fábregas, Barkley, Ramsey, Albrighton
    ST - Koné, Rivière, Diego Costa

I would naturally prefer van Persie rather than Costa in there, but again, I will see closer to the start if anyone of my MF looks unlikely to be a starter, I might trade down to get an extra 2m.
    dodgiest of front lines, need to address that.

jebforever wrote: »
    I think Chambers will play RB and Clyne will play LB if they don't sign a replacement for Shaw. Targett has yet to make a first team appearance for Southampton so it's unlikely he will feature much this season.

I know nothing about him myself was just repeating what I'd read on here. Would make chambers a good option so.

jebforever wrote: »
    I know nothing about him myself was just repeating what I'd read on here. Would make chambers a good option so.

It's been me blabbering on about Targett, some might say I need a new target for my affections :cool: I just read somewhere a few weeks back that he would be given a chance over pre-season to stake his claim to replace Shaw. I think Ziegler1988 actually posted the article somewhere too.

As you know yourself it's impossible/pointless to even really try and predict little things like that at the start of pre-season. Will all depend on what way Koeman wants to take Southampton I guess. Little point worrying too much about it now anyway, just something to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It's been me blabbering on about Targett, some might say I need a new target for my affections :cool: I just read somewhere a few weeks back that he would be given a chance over pre-season to stake his claim to replace Shaw. I think Ziegler1988 actually posted the article somewhere too.

As you know yourself it's impossible/pointless to even really try and predict little things like that at the start of pre-season. Will all depend on what way Koeman wants to take Southampton I guess. Little point worrying too much about it now anyway, just something to keep an eye on.

I read it on FFS but even they can get it wrong so I suppose we won't know either way till the start of the season.

• Advertisement

That's a good suggestion but very expensive , I may get rid of Remy but if you can suggest a way of doing as you say show me .

And bear in mind MC have 3 top clubs in the first 5 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

need a striker for 6.5m, who is the best option

need a striker for 6.5m, who is the best option
    Wickham and Austin at 6, Kone and Vardy cheaper again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Vorm & Ben Davies to Spurs. Sigurdsson going the other way .

Assume Fabianski will be Swanseas first choice keeper now.

Had a look at the 4.5m keepers with a view to rotating them. Lot of people here were talking about using Krul and Mannone. Green fixtures are "nice", orange are acceptable, white are ones you probably don't want your keeper playing in.

5xvcw0.jpg

Burnley actually have a nice first half of the season if ya fancy them to keep many CS's, their keeper rotates well with most teams.

The oft-mentiond Krul/Mannone comb will leave you with a decision between Tot(A)/Ars(H) on week 9 and Che(H)/Liv(A) in week 15.

Think I may go with Krul/Foster.

There's no perfect combo unfortunately.

Scratch Wisdom as a £4.0m starter if this happens:

2db634ffd6b52c65cc73ba5af1230ed9.png

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Vorm & Ben Davies to Spurs. Sigurdsson going the other way .

Assume Fabianski will be Swanseas first choice keeper now.

Vorm going to Spurs to play second fiddle to Lloris. What's that about?

Vorm going to Spurs to play second fiddle to Lloris. What's that about?

Lloris only signed an extension as far as I know. Perhaps a PSG move on the horizon in January/Summer '15?

Scratch Wisdom as a £4.0m starter if this happens:

Gamboa could be a tasty enough prospect himself if he were reasonably priced and brought his WC form into WBA

As for goalies I like the Krul - Foster pairing

W1 Foster H to Sunderland
    W2 Toss up between the two both away
    W3 Krul H to CP
    W4 Foster H to Everton , I can see this being 0-0
    W5 Krul H to hull
    W6 Foster H to Burnley
    W7 Krul away to Swansea
    W8 Krul H to Leicester
    W9 Foster H to CP
    W10 Foster away to Leicester
    W11 Meet each other ( foster at Home )
    W12 Krul H to QPR

Is there a better pairing ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I'm going with Begovic/Krul for the first 7 game weeks. Will then trade one of them for another rotation when I'll have a better idea of how team defences are fairing out. I know it might not be advisable to plan transfers in advance but this gives me 7 game weeks worth of info to make my decision on.

Edit: Week 2 is the only week with a semi-difficult choice (Krul away @ Villa or Begovic away @ Hull)

As for goalies I like the Krul - Foster pairing

W1 Foster H to Sunderland
    W2 Toss up between the two both away
    W3 Krul H to CP
    W4 Foster H to Everton , I can see this being 0-0
    W5 Krul H to hull
    W6 Foster H to Burnley
    W7 Krul away to Swansea
    W8 Krul H to Leicester
    W9 Foster H to CP
    W10 Foster away to Leicester
    W11 Meet each other ( foster at Home )
    W12 Krul H to QPR

Is there a better pairing ???

West Brom had the 2nd least amount of clean sheets in the league last season and one would have to expect them to be near the bottom again. I don't think they'll get many clean sheets from those games even though they look good on paper.

West Brom had the 2nd least amount of clean sheets in the league last season and one would have to expect them to be near the bottom again. I don't think they'll get many clean sheets from those games even though they look good on paper.

Very true but statistically

Howard - 15 CS 1 Assist = 160 points Ave 10.66 per CS
    Foster - 4 CS = 92 points Ave 23 per CS

We can quote numbers all day but im going 5 across midfield so I need a butt basic back 5 and every .5 counts . Can you suggest a better pairing costing 9 mill or less ??

We can quote numbers all day but im going 5 across midfield so I need a butt basic back 5 and every .5 counts . Can you suggest a better pairing costing 9 mill or less ??

Cameron(Stk) / Taylor(Swa) - (with Davies gone I reckon Taylor should be playing)

Gatame wrote: »
    Cameron(Stk) / Taylor(Swa) - (with Davies gone I reckon Taylor should be playing)

Was talking about GK pairings :) I do have my Def 5 selected and Cameron is there along with Vlaar who IMO is a bargain ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

that statistic is absolute codswobble

manual_man wrote: »
    that statistic is absolute codswobble

Most statistics are IMO im just looking for a good GK pairing 9 mill or less for the 1st 5-10 weeks anyone ??

Most statistics are IMO im just looking for a good GK pairing 9 mill or less for the 1st 5-10 weeks anyone ??
    If you can can go to 9.5 you could follow me with Krul/Begovic for week 1-7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

fixtures wise the pairing you mentioned looks decent. and both goalies usually do ok for save points (foster particularly). you could do worse. you cant expect too much anyway really with two cheap keepers

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    fixtures wise the pairing you mentioned looks decent. and both goalies usually do ok for save points (foster particularly). you could do worse. you cant expect too much anyway really with two cheap keepers

Im certainly not expecting miracles from my Defence to be honest , im trying something different this season and going 1-3-5-2 and spending heavy up front .

Advertisement