Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant pay bank loan.....Help!!!!

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

ok heres my problem. I was living in the U.K. for 10 years where I had a good job /salary. I took out a loan to get married a couple of years ago. Last year my wife got bullied at work & ended up leaving, I ended up having a stress related breakdown & ended up leaving. We took the decision to come back to Ireland to be closer to family. Been finding work hard to come by so have had to go on job seekers allowance. I have about 3 1/2 years payments left to make but money in my account for 3-4months. I do not know what I should do.
    I would obviously like to pay something to the bank each month but cannot afford the full amount. If I tell them my situation will the bring me to court?
    Can banks in the U.K. find me over here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mabs should be able to help you. Make an appointment with your local mabs.

Yes I'd assume the uk bank will/may find you here. Do you owe much??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

yeah 10k.....what would mabs do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Help!!!! wrote: »
    ok heres my problem. I was living in the U.K. for 10 years where I had a good job /salary. I took out a loan to get married a couple of years ago. Last year my wife got bullied at work & ended up leaving, I ended up having a stress related breakdown & ended up leaving. We took the decision to come back to Ireland to be closer to family. Been finding work hard to come by so have had to go on job seekers allowance. I have about 3 1/2 years payments left to make but money in my account for 3-4months. I do not know what I should do.
    I would obviously like to pay something to the bank each month but cannot afford the full amount. If I tell them my situation will the bring me to court?
    Can banks in the U.K. find me over here?

Not being smart but maybe your wife should look into a workplace bullying claim…..

Advertisement