Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Provider- Eircom Advise they'll terminate number

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

My grandmother wants to switch from Eircom to Vodafone for her landline and has been with Eircom for over 20 years. When speaking to Eircom they advised that she would have to provide 30 days notice by email (this is not fair being out of contract but hey, we know where eircom and Comreg stand on the issue) and they would cancel down her account and only then could she move to vodafone if she wanted to move provider without termination charges. This is extremely unfair as she wants to provide her 30 days and transfer then to vodafone without being disconnected. I hope it was just an error on the eircom care reps part but are eircom seriously telling us that the only way she can do this without incurring termination charges is if she cancels completely with eircom and then and only then connect to vodafone?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    My grandmother wants to switch from Eircom to Vodafone for her landline and has been with Eircom for over 20 years. When speaking to Eircom they advised that she would have to provide 30 days notice by email (this is not fair being out of contract but hey, we know where eircom and Comreg stand on the issue) and they would cancel down her account and only then could she move to vodafone if she wanted to move provider without termination charges. This is extremely unfair as she wants to provide her 30 days and transfer then to vodafone without being disconnected. I hope it was just an error on the eircom care reps part but are eircom seriously telling us that the only way she can do this without incurring termination charges is if she cancels completely with eircom and then and only then connect to vodafone?

Thanks

Hi Ah-Watch

A 30 day notification is required however the account is not completely closed down if the notification of intention to move provider is made rather than notification to close account. After the 30 days have passed it is then the other providers responsibility to arrange the transfer of service and until then the account will remain active with eircom. If a move to the other provider occurs without a 30 day notification a cancellation free of one month’s line rental (20.96 ex vat) would be applied to the final eircom bill & if in the case that broadband is on the account there is also a penalty amount for this of €20.65 ex vat.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement