Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract finally up.

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi. My broadband contract expires next month. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt counting the days. I would like to know the steps I need to go through to notify yourselfs of my intention to go to another provider and ensure my contract is not renewed automatically. Thanks in advance. Retrovin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Retrovin wrote: »
    Hi. My broadband contract expires next month. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt counting the days. I would like to know the steps I need to go through to notify yourselfs of my intention to go to another provider and ensure my contract is not renewed automatically. Thanks in advance. Retrovin.
    Hi Retrovin

Contracts are not renewed automatically by eircom. [font=Calibri","sans-serif]A 30 day notification is required. After the 30 days have passed it is then the other providers responsibility to arrange the transfer of service and until then the account will remain active with eircom. To begin this process a call must be firstly made to eircom cancellations on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Retrovin

Thanks AL for your quick response. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Retrovin wrote: »
    Thanks AL for your quick response. Cheers.
    No worreis Retrovin

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Also once your contract is up you do NOT need to give 30 days notice, there was a recent ruling against eircom for this practice

Advertisement