Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website

• 18-06-2014 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi. I need to find someone to do a website and email package for me. Can anyone give me advice on where the bear place is for a fairly cheap price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gheghici

I've sent you a private message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Oh dear me...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Wk74239

cormee wrote: »
    Oh dear me...
    I don't get your comment, if you haven't anything valuable to say, maybe you shouldn't contribute to this conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

Hi Wk74239,

This depends on what you need the website for - do you just need an online presence so that your customers can read some information about your company? Or are you looking to develop a website that will be "found in Google" so that it would bring new customers?

In both cases, I think you should get a proper .ie domain which I think is best with blacknight.ie - they are fairly low priced and you will get the domain, hosting and email from them. Maybe check their website for the current prices/special offers.

What I do, when I want to do it really cheap, I would then install Wordpress (you can do it directly in Blacknight admin panel, it takes about 15 seconds) and then install a wordpress theme - you can find lots of these on the web, free or for, say, $35 and populate the content - pages, images etc.

This would, however, require that you get a little familiar with how Wordpress works - not sure how tech savvy you are but once you get used to Wordpress, it all goes very, very quickly. Or you could find somebody who could help you set it all up. I would say, unless you have any unusual requirements, it only takes a few hours, sometimes even minutes, so it should not cost the earth whoever does it for you.

In order to get the most from your website, I would also suggest you setup a Google Analytics account, so that you can track visitors to your website - where they come from, how long they stay, etc. It's free - just go to google.com/analytics and follow the steps.

Wish you all the best, let me know if you have any questions about Wordpress - web designers have usually various preferences about the systems behind websites but this is my personal favourite (very flexible, easy to upload content - like in MS Word, and free!!) and I've created many successful websites this way.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Fingers crossed!

Advertisement