Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Days Short For BTEA

Options
  • 18-06-2014 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Howdy, so I've been recieving JSA since the 16th of December 2013, and the academic term for UCD begins on the 8th of Septembr, exactly 38 weeks after. I know I have to be on the dole for 39 weeks, so is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

Crazyon wrote: »
    Howdy, so I've been recieving JSA since the 16th of December 2013, and the academic term for UCD begins on the 8th of Septembr, exactly 38 weeks after. I know I have to be on the dole for 39 weeks, so is there anything I can do?

Arrange a face-to-face sit-down appointment with your local office and explain the situation honestly. If you get the the right person, they might be able to help you. If you don't get any joy there, arrange to meet your local TD and do the same. I'd be surprised if after all that, you didn't get the BTEA. Common sense should prevail.

Should none of that work, you could attempt to register on 16th September (the 39 week date) and start then. Contact UCD registry well in advance though and explain your situation.

Advertisement