Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NICE Electric Gates Problem

Options
  • 18-06-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hello, hope someone can help, my neighbour has a set of Nice electric gates and when you press the fob to open them, they only open about a foot and then stop, both are doing the same thing. I have checked at the board and what is happening is the pcb board is cutting the power out to the gates after 2 seconds approx.

motors are ok as the gates open fine when you give them voltage, and the capacitors seem to be doing there job 2.

they were installed in 2006, I don't know what model motors they are as the sticker is worn and there is no number on the pcb board, but it is manufactured by NICE.

any info would be great,
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Was anyone interfering with the control board and if the gates are put into manual mode is there any undue pressure at those points where they appear to be stopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

kub wrote: »
    Was anyone interfering with the control board and if the gates are put into manual mode is there any undue pressure at those points where they appear to be stopping?

no they were working fine and I plugged out the gates from the board and gave them voltage they operated as they should

thadg wrote: »
    no they were working fine and I plugged out the gates from the board and gave them voltage they operated as they should

Is there any other way of opening them, other than the remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

kub wrote: »
    Is there any other way of opening them, other than the remote?

there is, a keypad, no joy either, and also an intercom, they all give the same results, would the main board be gone

thadg wrote: »
    there is, a keypad, no joy either, and also an intercom, they all give the same results, would the main board be gone

Well that is where your fault is, these can be repaired though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement