Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain vs Chile - 8pm (BBC1 & RTE2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Knex. wrote: »
    Goalie punching it again... FFS

:p
    At least he knows how to do it properly, Casillas could learn a few things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Brazil hold no fear for either

Chile they would fear the most of those two I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

mike65 wrote: »
    Six minutes? FIFA with a desperate last throw of the dice.

Blatter time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

6 minutes? Where the hell are they getting 6 minutes from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Better half from Spain. Koke made a difference. Delighted for Chile. Their record against Brazil isn't heartening. Hopefully Holland play Brazil.
    Chile Croatia/ Mexico would be a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Tbf the Chile goalie pretended to be injured for two minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭minusthebear

You write the obituary too soon. Koke, Thiago Alcantara, Isco, Delofeu, Jese Rodriguez, De Gea, Illaramendi. Those are just a few off the top of my head, and there are others on the bench tonight who could come in. There's a whole nee generation of Spanish players all brought up to play the same way, there is the beauty of the Spanish system.

Given the evolution that is quietly being undertaken by Luis Enrique at Barcelona, Neymar being more settled next season and Messi, I am confident about next season.

What evolution is this, do tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

6 minutes? Where the hell are they getting 6 minutes from

Defending champs get 2 additional minutes free gratis.

Given the evolution that is quietly being undertaken by Luis Enrique at Barcelona, Neymar being more settled next season and Messi, I am confident about next season.
    He's been in the job a wet week and they haven't played a single game... Where do you get that from?

311351.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What evolution is this, do tell?

The one in his jocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well done Red Hot Chilean Feckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im glad spain are gone, they were embaressing to watch useless bunch of pre maddonnas,costa wont do jack **** with chelsea either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This has to be the biggest victory of Karl Pilkington's managerial career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

The bull is dead.

The crowd see its carcass.

And now the crowd feel sad...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭minusthebear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This has to be the biggest victory of Karl Pilkington's managerial career.

Pitbull's, no? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Spain will become the new England in WC's to come.

"Can Spain win the World Cup?" Will be asked ad nauseum

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

FT Result: Chile 2...

1275988751_amazing-crash.gif

Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im absolutely delighted for Chile.

Get in

Someone get a gif of that Brazilian waving good bye to spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You write the obituary too soon. Koke, Thiago Alcantara, Isco, Delofeu, Jese Rodriguez, De Gea, Illaramendi. Those are just a few off the top of my head, and there are others on the bench tonight who could come in. There's a whole nee generation of Spanish players all brought up to play the same way, there is the beauty of the Spanish system.

there is absolutely no guarantee that any of them will match Xavi, Iniesta et al.

Spain aren't dead. that'd be idiotic hyperbole. but this generation is done as the standard bearer in world football.

everything is cyclical, so there's no shame in it. it has been a spectacular fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

All credit to Andre Agassi and his lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

they won the possession though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

XYYTJPs.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Im glad spain are gone, they were embaressing to watch useless bunch of pre maddonnas,costa wont do jack **** with chelsea either

Costa is quality. Another Drogba for Mourinho. He'll make great use of him, if he can recover his form after injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ipre maddonnas

WAHAY

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shocked at the result, and shocked Spain of all teams are first eliminated from the competition. Can't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Fantastic result for Chile.

Oat23 wrote: »
    XYYTJPs.png

Looks like Anderson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

'What's the Score lads?'

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_biscuitsshakey.gif

'We lost 2-0 Sergio'

'Bollocks'

Sergio_Busquets_Crying_for_Tito_Vilanova_165204825_thumbnail.jpg

sad days my ass, its happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He's been in the job a wet week and they haven't played a single game... Where do you get that from?

Fabregas, a fantastic player but a divisive figure at the club, has been removed. Puyol is gone. Valdes is gone. Xavi, the heartbeat of the team, is on hos way out it seems, don't be surprised if Alves goes, possibly with one of Pedro or Sanchez. Deadweight will likely be moved on too. While, by the end of the summer, 8 players are hoped to be introduced to the squad. Rakitic is in, Delofeu and Rafinha Alcantara will also be added to the first team, 5 more players to come possibly and you will likely see Adama, Munir or Samper play more first team football.

Lucho hasn't been there long but it's been decisive, much as Pep was when he arrived. That you haven't even noticed the evolution take place tells me that it's being efficiently carried out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Quite happy to see Spain go, they thoroughly deserved it, outplayed in both games I thought. Once again showing they don't seem to have a plan B when things aren't going their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Surprised at how bad Spain have been. The guy in work who drew them might actually win the worst team prize.

I wonder what the odds were on them being elimated first was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Iniesta is 30 years old.... LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Looks like Anderson

It definitely doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Dreadful performance from the Spanish, they never turned up at all in their 2 games to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 allonboard

I was worried about Spain in this tournament. I thought Chile would top the group and that Spain would just about get second. But they've showed all the signs of a spent force. Costa was pathetic I don't know why Spain even wanted him in the squad. David Silva was awful tonight too I lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Delighted with that result, they can smug off back to Spain with their smug heads

Viva la Anti Tika Taka!

Well, they conceded seven goals in two games compared to two goals in seven games the last time round. What has happened to that defence?

I think it was just arrogance from the Spaniards. Casillas being interviewed now and saying they did all they could. He said sorry and congratulated Chile because they were better. He looks to be in complete disbelief. This is typical of Spaniards in general, not just when it comes to football. They just can't believe that things don't always go their way. Now, we wait for the excuses.

I can't go into a big dissection of Spain as to why it didn't work out because I had previously backed them to win it. Just didn't see that coming at all. I could have imagined them not winning it but not falling apart so listlessly.

I think big changes are needed and don't think del Bosque is the man for the job. he's just been on and he's equally clueless but he is not giving anything away.

• Advertisement

It definitely doesn't.

Not you!

The Utd chap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You know things are bad when John Giles is the voice of reason... Iniesta 26 lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Fabregas, a fantastic player but a device figure at the club, has been removed. Puyol is gone. Valdes is gone. Xavi, the heartbeat of the team, is on hos way out it seems, don't be surprised if Alves goes, possibly with one of Pedro or Sanchez. Deadweight will likely be moved on too. While, by the end of the summer, 8 players are hoped to be introduced to the squad. Rakitic is in, Delofeu and Rafinha Alcantara will also be added to the first team, 5 more players to come possibly and you will likely see Adama, Munir or Samper play more first team football.

Lucho hasn't been there long but it's been decisive, much as Pep was when he arrived. That you haven't even noticed the evolution take place tells me that it's being efficiently carried out.

5 players POSSIBLY coming in isnt an evolution. The spine of their team is on the way out and wont be easily replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

They've been deserving winners of the last three major tournaments but it's always nice to see the reigning champions totally collapse. I'll savour this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

RTE panel... "Sad day" WTF! You adapt and grow or you fall by the side. Spain looked to have bought into the idea that they just had to turn up to win. They played terrible football and the better teams won. This is what the WC is about. "Sad day" pffft I'm sure the Chileans don't see it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rakitic is in, Delofeu and Rafinha Alcantara will also be added to the first team, 5 more players to come possibly and you will likely see Adama, Munir or Samper play more first team football.

None of whom have kicked a ball in a Barca shirt.

Rakatic is a fine player but there are question marks over all the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

We haven't seen a title defence this weak since Manchester United 13/14.

Not you!

The Utd chap

I lolled big time at this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

COYVB wrote: »
    WAHAY

WTF!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then, too early for the "Are Spain and De Bosque Done" thread?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement