Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain vs Chile - 8pm (BBC1 & RTE2)

1789101113»

Comments

rte panel were saying what a sad day it was that spain were knocked out,

hard too agree with them though, didnt think they were great to watch and they were woeful this tournament,

chile were good to watch glad they won and progressed instead chile vs holland game should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Cienciano wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious, the demise of Barca, collapse of spain and Ronaldo overtaking Messi as worlds best player is really taking it's toll on Andersonisgod :D

Don't you mean tikataking it's toll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They're defeated and their run is now history, This tournament (and football in general) moves on without them. Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Are they going back to their narutal position of perennial underachievers? An 8 year blip is all it was, a "golden generation" done good for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

3k4.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I would love to meet Andersonisgod in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Let me see if I have this right.

Tiki Taka is the name given to Pep's style of play that he built the current Barcelona around and dominated European football with. The Spanish team included so many Barcalona players that the national team began to adopt this style of play. The National team won three major throphies with this style of play.

This style of play has been found out and countered several times at this stage. See Celtic v Barcelona, Bayern Munich v Barcelona etc for examples. Barcelona have not adapted to the change and now, with an aging core team (similar to that of United actually, only without the style of play) are struggling to reach the same heights. The Spanish team, still loyal to the idea of tiki taka did not head the warnings of club football and have suffered the same fate.

Personally I think the Spanish National team had an absolute hard-on for Spanish football and ignoring the likes of Mata, Navas and Negredo was a true cock-up. This could be the team for German football to make it's mark on World football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

MagicIRL wrote: »

Personally I think the Spanish National team had an absolute hard-on for Spanish football and ignoring the likes of Mata, Navas and Negredo was a true cock-up. This could be the team for German football to make it's mark on World football.

Even playing Torres ahead of the gorgeous David Villa this year was a major cock up. Can't wait till the seemingly inevitable Germany - Holland game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭trashcan

Personally I think the Spanish National team had an absolute hard-on for Spanish football

Huh ??

So many people missing the obvious here. If the Spanish team were still playing at the level they were in 2008/2010 - they would still be winning. Same goes for Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭trashcan

Cienciano wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious, the demise of Barca, collapse of spain and Ronaldo overtaking Messi as worlds best player is really taking it's toll on Andersonisgod :D

No. Messi is still better than Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

trashcan wrote: »
    Huh ??

So many people missing the obvious here. If the Spanish team were still playing at the level they were in 2008/2010 - they would still be winning. Same goes for Barcelona.

Yes but they're not. And because they're not their player choices are a joke. They ignored non-Spain based players and are now on a plane home as a result. Idiots.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Tiki Taka is the name given to Pep's style of play that he built the current Barcelona around and dominated European football with. The Spanish team included so many Barcalona players that the national team began to adopt this style of play. The National team won three major throphies with this style of play.

This style of play has been found out and countered several times at this stage. See Celtic v Barcelona, Bayern Munich v Barcelona etc for examples. Barcelona have not adapted to the change and now, with an aging core team (similar to that of United actually, only without the style of play) are struggling to reach the same heights. The Spanish team, still loyal to the idea of tiki taka did not head the warnings of club football and have suffered the same fate.

tiki taka is the general term for over passing getting nowhere that existed before Guardiola took over. It is perhaps what his sides have moved towards, but it is not what his successful sides played, especially 08/09.

tiki taka then caught on as a catch-all term for passing sides.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement