Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADVICE FOR BEGINNER PLEASE

• 18-06-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm a guy with an interest in investing in a DSLR with a view to getting into a bit of photography and taking a few nice photos, but am clueless as to where to start! If anyone could answer/advise me on some or all of the following questions it would be greatly appreciated!

Best camera to buy on a budget?

Where to buy it? Online or a shop? Cork is the closest city to me but will be in Dublin soon so if there's a better place there then do say.

Is there a huge difference between models? E.g the Nikon D3200 and D3300 is it worth paying the extra hundred or so quid for the newer ones?

Thanks and any other tips would be handy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Go in here >http://www.barkerphotographic.ie/index.php?route=product/category&path=45_151
    Have a look at the different models of DSLR and see how you like them in your hand. Most DSLRs now give excellent quality images and really which one you buy will depend on your budget. My advice for what it is worth is buy a Nikon or Canon are they are probably the 2 most common make and there are loads of different lenses for each when you want to add on at a later stage.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Although a good body is important, good glass is everything. Bodies come and go but glass, if looked after, can last for years. A good starting point in terms of Nikon would be a D3200 and a 35mm f1.8 lens. Don't bother with kit lenses, they're plasticky rubbish that don't let in much light.

If you want more info. (I'm a Nikon shooter) give me a shout.

Advertisement