Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding dress dilemma

Options
  • 18-06-2014 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    Just looking for advice I collected my wedding dress last week. I ordered my dress 7th October 2013. Dress came in only last week. Once I brought dress home and gave full inspection I noticed alot of damage to dress. 3 stains frayed buttons and damage on lace. I emailed shop and they called and asked me to come back with dress whish is 45mins from my home. So the next day i went back with dress and the girl was all apologise s at first. I explained how upset I was that I paid 1650 euro for thidu dress that I expected to be pristine
    She went on to explain owner was on day off and she needed to speak to her. She then procedded to try clean my dress with vanish which disgusted me. That Was last Tuesday so last Wednesday I drove the 45 mins again as I knew owner would be there. The owner would not come out of office to speak to me and it transpired she wasnt off the day before she was there all along. At this stage I was fuming. I asked for a refund and they just said no. Within An hour of me leaving a guy called the resolver called from the store and offered me to go in and pick any dress I wanted but they wouldn't give my money back. After a few hours considering this I agreed. I went up Saturday and spent 2 hours trying on dresses and finally picked one for 1300. The girl assured me she would call monday first thing then let me know when she would have dress. I never heard a word monday. I called tuesday at lunch and she didnt know. She finally called today, Wednesday, at lunch and said she would have dress 11 days before wedding! I am not happy with this as it has cost of so much stress and dont want worry leading up to my big day.hence why I ordered my original dresd last october. Advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

When is your wedding and what part of the country are you in. I handle hundreds of wedding gowns every year and from what you describe, it is very unlikely that your original dress couldn't be sorted quite easily. It really is poor form on the part of the shop, they should have access to a competent drycleaner and dressmaker.
    I would imagine that if they can't provide a replacement or repair, then you should be entitled to a full refund but someone else might clarify that.
    If you think I might be able to help, get in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I reckon the dress the OP got was a sample sold as new. There's NO WAY a dress ordered as new could come into the store like that! Take photos of the dress if you can.

I'd be getting hold of the designer direct and asking whether the dress was ordered at all. I don't think it was...

Go back to the store and tell them unless they have your money in full, tout de suite, then you'll be going legal. Take someone else with you as a witness. DON'T go by yourself. Call the local rag as well - they'd LOVE a story like this!

What an absolute nightmare for you, OP. Hope you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

If you paid by credit card then I would contact your credit card company about a charge back and go elsewhere for your dress as you won't have any peace of mind before the wedding otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

You can also request a chargeback if you paid by Visa debit...

Advertisement