Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal International Rally 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Here is hoping for an enjoyable safe weekend. Can't wait until Sunday so I can get to enjoy it properly. Organising and setting up Knockalla is no easy task :o. If anyone wants advice on good places to view or times ask away on here, I'll do my best to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Watch @MorningEdition and 6-1 sports news tomorrow RTE 1 @rtenews. Cathal Curley takes a spin in iconic 9-11!

liam7831 wrote: »
    Watch @MorningEdition and 6-1 sports news tomorrow RTE 1 @rtenews. Cathal Curley takes a spin in iconic 9-11!

When was that recorded d'ya know Liam? Unusual place for a spin that.

When was that recorded d'ya know Liam? Unusual place for a spin that.[/QUOTE

Today as far as I know

BqbzXsbIEAEtpBu.jpg

I see Gallaghars machine in the background too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Is the burnout area in Bonagee there again?

Pique wrote: »
    Is the burnout area in Bonagee there again?

Even though it's got nothing to do with the Rally!!!

Karting centre have advertised for Sat and the DDT raceway in Manor (best place for them) is advertising for every night. Not seen anything about bonagee.

Even though it's got nothing to do with the Rally!!!

Karting centre have advertised for Sat and the DDT raceway in Manor (best place for them) is advertising for every night. Not seen anything about bonagee.

Good to hear.

And I wish it had nothing to do with the rally, but unfortunately they go hand in hand and keeping those activities off the public roads is a major benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Looking forward to this weekend, hope the weather holds up. The only good thing about the rain is it deters those who wouldn't be too interested in the rally from messing about. I've only been going to Donegal Rally the last couple of years, so I'm hoping this will be my first dry rally!! A gang of us have been travelling up the country for it every year - the hubbie is a native to the area which helps.

Will be on the road as soon as the young lad finishes up school tomorrow, he can't wait for it!

Everyone have a great weekend!

For anyone who is curious but not too sure about the rally, pop down to McGinley motors today anytime between 3.30pm and 8pm for pre event scrutiny. Its'a great chance to get up close and personal to the rallycars and crews while they undergo the rigorous safety checks before the event start properly tomorrow. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Was planning a visit to Letterkenny to do some things on Saturday, forgetting about the Rally!

I was trying to find where and when the stages are, without much luck (I'm assuming I'd need to buy the programme).

Would there be any good time to hit Letterkenny on Saturday, if there is maybe a rally stage up in Inishowen or whereever, away from town?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The excitement of seeing the balloon flying above Telecom Eireann's building beside UNIFI during the rally was utterly ridiculous when I was a kid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

byte wrote: »
    Was planning a visit to Letterkenny to do some things on Saturday, forgetting about the Rally!

I was trying to find where and when the stages are, without much luck (I'm assuming I'd need to buy the programme).

Would there be any good time to hit Letterkenny on Saturday, if there is maybe a rally stage up in Inishowen or whereever, away from town?

Thanks.

The rally cars leave letterkenny early on Saturday morning so best time to come into town would be after 10am and be gone by 3 at the latest when the hoards of "lappers" start lapping around the town and no one else can get anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Does anyone know where to find the stages so I know where I can drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

http://www.donegalcoco.ie/NR/rdonlyres/BEF76E25-9D3F-4467-B3B9-2E628A0B49D3/0/FinalNoticeTemporaryClosureofRoadsDonegalInternationalRally.pdf

list of all road closures and when they open.

Maps are included in the program guide and not available online for free.

Where you looking to go and where as over the 3 days each day is a section of Donegal so it leaves the rest of the county free

danniemcq wrote: »
    http://www.donegalcoco.ie/NR/rdonlyres/BEF76E25-9D3F-4467-B3B9-2E628A0B49D3/0/FinalNoticeTemporaryClosureofRoadsDonegalInternationalRally.pdf

list of all road closures and when they open.

Maps are included in the program guide and not available online for free.

Where you looking to go and where as over the 3 days each day is a section of Donegal so it leaves the rest of the county free

404 :(

Gweedore tomorrow is the plan.

Flibbles wrote: »

It'll be nowhere near there.

It'll be nowhere near there.

Sounds good, I was thinking more about getting out the town and such.

Flibbles wrote: »

Sigh looks like Donegal Co. Council updated their site on a Friday of the Rally and broke all links!

I'll see if i have a cached copy at home and update

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

danniemcq wrote: »
    Sigh looks like Donegal Co. Council updated their site on a Friday of the Rally and broke all links!

I'll see if i have a cached copy at home and update

The site looks ok from here. You have specific examples of broken links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

The link on the page wasnt working for me, but you can find it under road closures on the county councils website.
    This is the link in case it works now.

I know this will be controversial but I try and avoid the rally due to the wannabe fans.
    I don't mind the event, or the noise, or disruption, or the genuine fans. Its just the twats that ruin it for me completely. Haven't been in years as a result. But I do see they had a section for applying for being a marshall, I would have considered that if I saw it in time.
    Is anyone doing that this year? Homer?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Gutted i'll not get a chance to see any stages this year but it can't be helped. With weather like that this weekend travelling throughout Donegal will be brilliant.
    Good luck the all drivers, organisers and fans. Hopefully we'll only have good headlines on Monday.

Rule No.1 for spectators this weekend - Do what the Marshall say, your live depends on it.

nmg_ire wrote: »

Rule No.1 for spectators this weekend - Do what the Marshall say, your live depends on it.

Couldn't agree more.

Remember even if you think you know better than they do you don't.

And they will cancel the stage if you dick around. All it takes is a call.

kiddums wrote: »
    The link on the page wasnt working for me, but you can find it under road closures on the county councils website.
    This is the link in case it works now.

I know this will be controversial but I try and avoid the rally due to the wannabe fans.
    I don't mind the event, or the noise, or disruption, or the genuine fans. Its just the twats that ruin it for me completely. Haven't been in years as a result. But I do see they had a section for applying for being a marshall, I would have considered that if I saw it in time.
    Is anyone doing that this year? Homer?

I know we are tight for marshals for tomorrow if you fancy giving us a hand on the knockalla stage. Lots of quiet junctions with little or no access. Send me a wee pm if your interested ;)

Where can we see up to date standings?

Any word on how Michael Dunlop got on?

Where can we see up to date standings?

Any word on how Michael Dunlop got on?

Times are being updated live onto this site, http://results.shannonsportsit.ie/results.php?rally=DL14

Spectator injured during stage 12. Hope it's not too bad!

Spectator injured during stage 12. Hope it's not too bad!

Nope thankfully. Unlike what some "news sources" are saying, a car went off the road and a spectator suffered a broken leg running at the scene of the accident, nobody was seriously injured, nobody had to dive for cover I know because I was there, wasn't nice to see it was the first car I seen too after coming from an earlier stage.

It was a fairly big accident very high speed but it is a testament to the fantastic safety features on modern rallycars that the crew were unscathed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I know we are tight for marshals for tomorrow if you fancy giving us a hand on the knockalla stage. Lots of quiet junctions with little or no access. Send me a wee pm if your interested ;)
    Sorry Homer, I wasnt about Fri night / Sat.
    I'll keep an eye out for next year tho.

How was the event as a whole? (Other than THAT video, showing why the rally has a bad name)

Advertisement