Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can I get a payment receipt from Dell?

Options
  • 18-06-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

Neither invoice nor order confirmations show the details of the payment taken.

Has anyone tried to get a payment receipt from dell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

The last time I got a Dell I got an email with the subject line" Dell Order Acknowledgement - Internet Receipt Number: IE0xxx-xxx-xxx"

That contained the payment method, the last 4 digits of the card used, the total amount, a breakdown of what was included in the order, and the VAT breakdown.

Did you not get that, or is it not what you were looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Thoie wrote: »
    The last time I got a Dell I got an email with the subject line" Dell Order Acknowledgement - Internet Receipt Number: IE0xxx-xxx-xxx"

That contained the payment method, the last 4 digits of the card used, the total amount, a breakdown of what was included in the order, and the VAT breakdown.

Did you not get that, or is it not what you were looking for?

Yeah, I got that alright.
    However I'm told its insufficient as it doesn't explicitly state the payment was received, rather just that the detail of the payment method used?
    (To get the PC comped).

Its odd I know, I rang Dell & I didn't get far.

I'm wondering has anyone done similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Well, it's got the word "receipt" on it, so whoever is asking for it is being particularly picky. If you don't get any joy, ask them would a copy of your credit card bill (with other items blacked out) and Dell's receipt together make them happier? The amounts will match up so that should surely be enough proof.

Advertisement