Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet Pub For a Stag

Options
  • 18-06-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi. Has anyone got any suggestions for a reasonably quiet pub for a lads' get together? Somewhere to watch a match and have a few drinks; nothing crazy at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

What night of the week? Any area in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

macgrub wrote: »
    Hi. Has anyone got any suggestions for a reasonably quiet pub for a lads' get together? Somewhere to watch a match and have a few drinks; nothing crazy at all.

Bleeding horse aint bad... Enough areas to find yer own spot...dunno about telly locations though, you'd have to scout that one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Slydice wrote: »
    What night of the week? Any area in particular?

Saturday night, probably. Preferably South side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Flowing tide on abbey street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Flowing tide on abbey street.

Excellent idea. But it's not Southside.

OP, you could do worse than Alfie Byrnes in The Conrad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Oil Can Harry's on Mount Street is a good spot for watching football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Houricans on Leeson Street is a lovely quiet pub with a bit of banter and the kinda place where you can go - get a seat - and watch some sport. I've only ever gone along to watch the rugby, but i imagine it's the same kinda thing for soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

#madbantz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Houricans on Leeson Street is a lovely quiet pub with a bit of banter and the kinda place where you can go - get a seat - and watch some sport. I've only ever gone along to watch the rugby, but i imagine it's the same kinda thing for soccer.

I'd +1 that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I found this somewhere online today actually:
    http://www.jar.ie/article/best-beer-gardens-ireland

Might have some options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Davy Byrnes
    The Duke

All "busy" but not mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

macgrub wrote: »

Ahhh, got ya. Quiet few drinks. Is the Missus watching you post this?

Good few quiet drinks in Club Lapello should do ya

Advertisement