Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviary bird found in back garden

• 18-06-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

I found a bird in my back garden this evening,Seems to be from an aviary.It looks like a small parrot.I'm wondering what to do with it?Does anyone know if pet shops take birds randomly off people or any other advice with what i can do..

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

hi martin. Does the bird have a ring on its leg?
    Where are you located? When you caught him, did he not try to flee?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭martin123123

hi martin. Does the bird have a ring on its leg?
    Where are you located? When you caught him, did he not try to flee?
    Hi Joeseph.i'm located in swords co.Dublin.No it has no ring on its leg.it is very tame,it didn't resist me picking it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Hi Joeseph.i'm located in swords co.Dublin.No it has no ring on its leg.it is very tame,it didn't resist me picking it up.

If its tame it could be a pet as opposed to aviary, unless it was exhausted. With the fine weather now, its possible he was brought outside and cage fell/ he escaped etc. I'drecon he's from some on nearby. Do you know what breed he is? I won't be in Dublin till the weekend but without a ring three is not much you can do except ask around.
    I take it you don't want to adopt a new bird :D

ha,im not looking to adopt a new bird,but i don't know what to do with him..i think that he is from close by,maybe he is exhausted also ,he didn't seem to want to fly at all.i'm not sure what kind of breed he is,i will be looking online to see if i can find out, i guess i will keep him until i find out what to do with him.do u want him?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Any chance of a pic? People on here may be able to help identify him. What colour is he? Someone could be missing him, there are a few lost bird ads on the lost and found websites. You should put him on those sites in case someone is looking. Also, contact local vets to see if anyone has reported him missing. They may be able to advise on what to do. Try some animal rescues as well to see if anyone can take him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

If you can post a pic of him do as someone here should be able to identify him quickly.

Also give him access to water to drink and wash in. Avoid giving him anything to eat without googling it's safe first for a parrot and watch he doesnt crash in to a window if he does decide to fly.He may have his wings clipped and glided to your garden from a neighbours home, chances are he didnt travel far if small either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Kinsealy pet store on the Malahide road not far from Swords have birds and parrots and can give you any information about feeding the bird or its temporary care that you may need.
    I think I remember them telling me in the store that one of their resident birds has flown and was found in Swords so who knows it may be him again.
    Also at least one of the women there seems to know a lot about parrots and to be in contact with local breeders and owners.
    I think they would be able to help you.

http://www.kinsealypetstore.ie/

thank you for thew link,its much appreciated.

i cant post a pic right now but i discovered it is a cockatiel,might have to put up a few lost bird adds.

i cant post a pic right now but i discovered it is a cockatiel,might have to put up a few lost bird adds.

Cockatiel missing from Finglas since the 9th June
    http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/5vv2yp

• Advertisement

Thanks mosi,looking through the site now,unfortunately thats not him :( he is grey and white.i will post some online adds also

Thanks mosi,looking through the site now,unfortunately thats not him :( he is grey and white.i will post some online adds also

Ah that's a shame. Am sending you a PM now with a couple of other missing ones that may be a possible match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

We have cockatiels let us no if you can't find the owners

Thank you all,i have been without internet for a couple of days.I found the owner it was one of my neighbours.i decided to knock the doors of the houses surrounding me and i found the owner,she was delighted,thanks again guys :D

Advertisement