Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl plans Castleknock store

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The traffic in Blanch is brutal at the lights at either end. At the Bell most of it is going back towards Castleknock not going into Blanch at all.

Supervalue isn't near those junctions. Also it doesn't seem to be anything like as busy as out used to be. Maybe because people are going to other shops. I've not seen it busy for years. That said I'm rarely in there.

Also you don't have to through Blanch village for most journeys unless you are going to something in the village. As the main feeder roads are at either end not in the middle. Going through Blanch would be the worst route to almost everywhere else.

Whereas in Castleknock it's all at the one set of traffic lights. It's the single point all traffic has to go through to get anywhere else.

If you don't know the area well, which is the impression you get from many on this thread, 2 mins on Google maps would make this obvious.

That said it's obvious that it will get built regardless as there's been no regard to traffic problems in d.15 with any other development.

So enjoy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭septictank

I was surprised when it was refused the last time. Good news for cyclists anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

beauf wrote: »
    Good news for cyclists anyway.

Are they widening the road or adding cycle lanes now?

I regularly have to take the lane the entire stretch all the way to Laurel Lodge from Myos to avoid getting smushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

cocky claim

How condescending but anyway, the original planning application has the highest number of objections for any development in Fingal that’s the facts, you don’t need to be Sherlock Holmes for that one.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Are they widening the road or adding cycle lanes now?

I regularly have to take the lane the entire stretch all the way to Laurel Lodge from Myos to avoid getting smushed.

According to many on this thread...what traffic...

Be easier when they won't be moving. Also more people will cycle which will put more pressure to implement the cycle lanes that were planned. Especially if the are going to changing the lights junction anyway.

Of course they wait until they are finished with lidl because commercial development will get priority. Then they'll dig it up a second time.

I prefer going into the park via whites gate myself. Thought its a bit narrow also.

Its amazing that D.15 and Castleknock is ideally placed to cycle to city center, yet there are no cycle provision to get into the park. Most of the cycle paths are a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

In fairness, this has now been to the county council, An Bord Pleanala and now the High Court. You can't say that the objectors haven't had a fair hearing.

I shows the futility of objecting anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I shows the futility of objecting anyway...

You should ask the Objectors to the Atherny Apple Data Facility, what their secret is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I really hope they include a large amount of parking, it's going to be a nightmare otherwise.

Had an appointment in the Cadtlecourt shopping centre this morning and while parking there is never great, this morning was a total disaster. No space to turn to get out when it became apparent there were no spaces and cars kept turning in. Worse than Christmas week

Money. They've delayed it. But if they keep trying they'll eventually get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Caranica wrote: »
    I really hope they include a large amount of parking, it's going to be a nightmare otherwise.

Had an appointment in the Cadtlecourt shopping centre this morning and while parking there is never great, this morning was a total disaster. No space to turn to get out when it became apparent there were no spaces and cars kept turning in. Worse than Christmas week

On the planning doc I saw the underground car park will have 226 spaces however the breakdown of these totals 238.
    50 residential spaces
    26 medical centre spaces
    12 disabled spaces
    150 commercial spaces.

There was originally supposed be be a second basement level adding over 100 more spaces but this was omitted in later revisions.

Any bicycle parking...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Any bicycle parking...?

Yes. 90 bike rack spots for commercial use and 32 for residential (1 per apartment I believe).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

Building works about to start.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Lidl are holding a public information evening in Castleknock Hotel next Monday for anyone interested

Diggers are in.

Groundworks progressing.

They are just digging a hole for themselves...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How long will it take to build ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Where exactly is the site located . Im finding it hard to pin point exactly where it is. There is a site being dug at the moment across from Myos pub and next to the topaz, is that where its going?

Yes, its entrance will be at those lights. They are making it a cross roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Yes, its entrance will be at those lights. They are making it a cross roads.

Jaysis, Im looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Jaysis, Im looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Yeah........traffic is going to become extra mental.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

threein99 wrote: »
    How long will it take to build ?

Going by their other stores I would guess approx 3-4 months.

It’s supposed to be a one off bespoke build and opens 2nd week of December

Concrete wall in place, not sure what part of the structure it is but the build is going quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Any one know with this Lidl is opening?

• Advertisement

December 8th or there abouts

Advertisement