Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl plans Castleknock store

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Looks like the store will not be on ground level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

horse7 wrote: »
    Looks like the store will not be on ground level.

A lot of them the parking is underneath.

Has anyone tried walking to this place? Not everyone's gonna be coming from miles away (plus the Blanch shopping centre is gonna be handier for motorists except the week before Christmas maybe)

Blanch is never handier for motorists.

I never fail to be surprised just how often the Blanch Center is gridlocked.

threein99 wrote: »
    I think Myos is pay and display now.

I did not know this. Thks :)

Has anyone tried walking to this place? ...

Its in the middle of village with a couple of pubs and restaurants, shops cafes and a bunch of other things. I expect most people from the area, have walked to it, at some point. I'm not sure what you are asking. People should walk more? Or how easy is it to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Has anyone tried walking to this place? Not everyone's gonna be coming from miles away (plus the Blanch shopping centre is gonna be handier for motorists except the week before Christmas maybe)

If you plan to do your weekly shop at Lidl, you'd really not want to be walking more than 100 meters at most with 3/4 or more heavy bags of groceries so most shoppers most likely will drive.

I've seen the new Lidl that has gone up at Hanlon's corner on the way into Stoneybatter and that is also a busy junction but I don't see it being aggravated by the addition of a new Lidl. Yes, the Castleknock junction is already a traffic nightmare but maybe Lidl will not make it any much worse. Time will tell I suppose.

I assume they have to add another cycle to the lights. Even if no extra cars it has to increase the time waiting.

ongarboy wrote: »
    ....I've seen the new Lidl that has gone up at Hanlon's corner on the way into Stoneybatter and that is also a busy junction but I don't see it being aggravated by the addition of a new Lidl. ...

That a bit misleading the one at Hanlon's corner is not at the junction. It hasn't added another cycle to the lights.

Personally I've never seen Hanlon's corner queued like Castleknock. I wouldn't avoid Hanlon's corner even at peak. I would Castleknock. Maybe thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Heard from the site foreman that Lidl opens on Thursday this week. Doesn't surprise me given they are working around the clock on construction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Keyzer wrote: »
    Heard from the site foreman that Lidl opens on Thursday this week. Doesn't surprise me given they are working around the clock on construction.

Think it’s the 13th

• Advertisement

Definitely not this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

AGC wrote: »

Think it’s the 13th

Yes, a billboard at Castleknock train station says it's opening on Thursday Dec 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The junction at the Lidl/Myos is going to be a disaster.

The lane to go straight ahead towards Blanch village is not wide enough unless you're driving a Yaris.

Once cars start to queue for the right lane to go into Lidl this problem will become apparent.

...Increased congestion has for years been the main concern about this development.

They don't care about congestion. Never have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

For all the traffic experts that have had issues with this, I hope you pop on in a few weeks and put a picture of your tail between your legs.

Every planning application for a supermarket or fuel station or similar, has the same beaten drum about traffic.

Guess what? Not One of these people have even a tiny bit of experience in traffic management or traffic flows.

I heard the same argument for aldi/lidl stores in many areas. Still have never seen traffic issues by the scaremongerers come to fruition anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

For all the traffic experts that have had issues with this, I hope you pop on in a few weeks and put a picture of your tail between your legs.

Every planning application for a supermarket or fuel station or similar, has the same beaten drum about traffic.

Guess what? Not One of these people have even a tiny bit of experience in traffic management or traffic flows.

I heard the same argument for aldi/lidl stores in many areas. Still have never seen traffic issues by the scaremongerers come to fruition anywhere.

Have you seen the road markings?

Have a Krispy Kreme and chill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Good to see people getting their complaining in before it even opens

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The junction at the Lidl/Myos is going to be a disaster.

The lane to go straight ahead towards Blanch village is not wide enough unless you're driving a Yaris.

Once cars start to queue for the right lane to go into Lidl this problem will become apparent.

I don't think it will add too much to the problem. The right turns for the petrol station, and the two other car parks prior to the lights cause huge delays already.

Any opening specials?

• Advertisement

horse7 wrote: »
    Any opening specials?

Chainsaws on special on day one. Gonna pickup a few for the kids and have a chainsaw fight on Christmas morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Chainsaws on special on day one. Gonna pickup a few for the kids and have a chainsaw fight on Christmas morning.

:D:D

Sounds like a magical Christmas

You have to be over 18.

threein99 wrote: »
    :D:D

Sounds like a magical Christmas

I like to mix things up.

Last year it was a petrol fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I hope they have a special on air compressors. Promised the missus one for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Got a leaflet in the door yesterday with some 10 euro off vouchers when spending 50 for every week until the new year. Comes with a loyalty tag thingy that it linked to the Castleknock store and will "activate" the offers mentioned in the leaflet.

I almost threw it out with the other junk mail that comes through the door so just be aware it might be coming or already in your recycle bin.

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I hope they have a special on air compressors. Promised the missus one for Christmas.

Hoping for a few horse blankets meself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Power chainsaws are on special on Day 2, Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

They have a free cheese and wine tasting at 6 pm today

• Advertisement

Anyone go?

Advertisement