Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl plans Castleknock store

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

horse7 wrote: »
    Anyone go?

Yeah, I was a Lidl disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

Very cheesey remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I was thinking of it but traffic was unusually heavy, backed up past Castleknock college, Google estimated 15 mins from there. So I kept going.

What time does it close. Might pop in late one evening.

Looking at the Photos this site backs on to not only the spar car park but also Browne's. Pity they didn't open it up. No need for the lights then. I think it was refused early on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I went last night, store looks great, lovely finish and its not like other Lidl's which feel a bit industrial.

Cheese, wine, hot mince pies and treats for the kids. Was a nice event.

Good selection of wine too, might guzzle a bottle tonight in celebration.

Sadly, there we no chain saws - my two year old daughter is really looking forward to getting one off Santa.

He might have meant chain store...

• Advertisement

Traffic gridlocked in village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Traffic gridlocked in village.

It was a nightmare even at 11am.

Hard to tell if that any different from normal though. Late night shopping , close to xmas etc.

Not a lot of late night shopping at 11am etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Advertisement

Not a lot of late night shopping at 11am etc.

I was replying to the post above yours you just posted at the same time.

The moving stairs going up is broken.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    It was a nightmare even at 11am.

I heard it was similar this morning. Maybe its just because its new.....and xmas...and raining...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I’m really shocked and surprised to see a grid locked village is even more gridlocked after a massive supermarket was plonked in it. Who would have thunk it :confused:

What's the story with APOCA parking signs in DeBruns carpark, there is a person in car park entrance with a clipboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭d15ude

The junction at the Lidl/Myos is going to be a disaster.

The lane to go straight ahead towards Blanch village is not wide enough unless you're driving a Yaris.

Once cars start to queue for the right lane to go into Lidl this problem will become apparent.

I was in the right line this morning. When as far to the right as possible to not hinder the oncoming traffic. Still a bus could not pass me by on the left.
    Very bad layout!

Big queues to get out of Lidl carpark,only a few cars can exit at the traffic lights.

The issue isn't really getting out of the shops, or even the traffic in the village. As thats always been bad. If you are shopping as you can kinda change when you do that.

Its more if the new light sequence backs up to Castleknock College and blocks that, as it has been doing since it opened. As that then will have bigger impact on commuting traffic using that junction to avoid the village.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I hope whoever shot that video is getting the best possible treatment for their Parkinson's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Ah the traffic it’s not as if every objection correctly pointed out how bad it would be. As for the multiple planning infringements, no back lit plastic sign ✔️ restrictions on deliveries ✔️ site completely finished before opening ✔️ all that aside it’s a nice store, great value and the quality of the build seems excellent

• Advertisement

Is it the biggest one in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

I wouldn’t think so but it seems to be one of the nicer ones!

Looks like the Aldi in East wall in the video. Someone suggested it's carrying more product lines, than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

We won't be able to judge the traffic for a few weeks yet. A lot of people are going down just for a look (it's a Lidl ffs) and of course it's nearly Christmas.

The extra sequence on the light is like a puppy. It's not just for Xmas.

The village is the slowest way to everywhere imo even before this change. You generally avoid it unless you've no choice, or are actually doing something in the village.

So it won't have that much impact unless the signal changes back to to other junctions. Especially that castleknock college one. Because that's a bypass and a main route for vast amounts of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The junction at the Lidl/Myos is going to be a disaster.

The lane to go straight ahead towards Blanch village is not wide enough unless you're driving a Yaris.

Once cars start to queue for the right lane to go into Lidl this problem will become apparent.

And I was proven right. Road markings are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

And I was proven right. Road markings are gone.

Drove by at 11.15 last night and they were doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I was in there today. Its a nice store compared to all the others. I love the look of the little village in which its located. A cafe, restaurant and a barbers are due to occupy some units there soon. No details available. Regarding the traffic, it was fine at the time I was there, 3 or 4 pm, but I can see the issues that was raised in the objections and how they can cause murder in a village with existing traffic problems. Very awkward set -up :rolleyes: leads me to wonder how it got the go ahead.

• Advertisement

I've lost count of the number of new poorly designed designed junctions and layouts and building in the Blanch/Castleknock area. So nothing they do surprises me, and I know from experience it's pointless trying to persuade them otherwise.

It's a very awkward layout. But it's done now so that's the end of it.

Has anyone else announced they are moving into the other units.

Advertisement