Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black and white crow

• 18-06-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I hope i have the right forum. Today i was in drogheda and when leaving the hospital i thought i saw a white and blue pigeon. After looking again i saw it was a crow that looked like it was a cross with a dove. Its breast was more or less motted with white feathers along with its wings. I tried to get a pic but it flew off before i had the chance. Can crows cross breed with doves or could it be a kind of albino bird?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

Did it look anything like the bird below?This is a leucistic Jackdaw.
    Crows and Jackdaws will not/cannot cross-breed with doves or any other birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Bonedigger wrote: »
    jackdaw-leucistic.JPG

Did it look anything like the above?This is a leucistic Jackdaw.
    Crows and Jackdaws will not/cannot cross-breed with pigeons or any other birds.

Yea it was exactly like that iv never seen one before are they rare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

I haven't seen one myself personally,but they are seen around from time to time.
    I've seen a leucistic Blackbird alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sorry to invade your thread mate but I was in work today and had a hooded crow come into door of the garage every couple of minutes but this lad couldn't fly. He just kind of hopped about.
    Anyway he was your typical big hoody with dark beak but he had spots of white all over him.
    Anyone ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

Here is Antrim town there are many jackdaws and rooks showing white. I see them most days

Many hooded crows seem to have feather deformities where primaries have become mottled with grey instead of solid black

• Advertisement
Advertisement