Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cameroon vs Croatia - 11pm (ITV1 & RTE2)

1235»

Comments

No they did not.

Cameroon topped a group with Libya, DR Congo and Togo, then Tunisia in a play off

Who did Cape Verde beat then? I think they beat Cameroon at some stage iirc.

Probably the ANC im thinking of because they took a few scalps in that?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I feel sorry for Eto'o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Eto'o.

Ye as do i :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Cape Verde beat Tunisia but it was over turned and Tunisia handed 3-0 win for Cape Verde playing an illegible player

Sadlier ripping them apart. Deservedly.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Ye as do i :rolleyes:

Well, as in the case of being stuck with numerous fools over the years for the national team. Shame to see a player of his quality wasted away on them lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Well, as in the case of being stuck with numerous fools over the years for the national team.

Hasn't he been the ring leader for these fools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Yeah, they bet Cameroon in the 2013 ACN Qualifiers. Managed to get out of their group too, before being beaten by Ghana

Sadlier ripping them apart. Deservedly.

Sort of sad for us of the Italia 90 vintage in a way because as well as Ireland done, that Cameroon team from back then was also a bit of an inspiration the way they punched above their weight. They have really fallen far. Even go back to the 02 World cup we were probably more apprehensive of meeting them than we were of playing the Germans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yep beat them in 2013 African nations cup qualification

Short swapping apparently going on in outside the dressing room....Oh great :rolleyes:

Like the good old days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Well, as in the case of being stuck with numerous fools over the years for the national team. Shame to see a player of his quality wasted away on them lot.

Etoo still has plenty of World Cups left in him. He's only a young lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Cape Verde beat Tunisia but it was over turned and Tunisia handed 3-0 win for Cape Verde playing an illegible player

Was very harsh. One of the Cape Verde players got sent off in a match that was abandoned after 20 mins or so. Their association was told that the match was void, so they presumed that the red card was voided.

He played in the next game, FIFA said red cards count in voided games, and it cost them a place in the playoffs and possibly the World Cup.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Hasn't he been the ring leader for these fools?

Love my football, watch far too much of it, but African football is right down the list for the reasons people have mentioned, so I'd have no idea if he is or not. I haven't even seen one full game of the African Nations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Croatia look a solid side, I hope they go far in the competition. Having said that, Mandzukic is fairly odious. As good and all as he is he's fond of the elbows and sly kicks and goes down like a sack of spuds whenever a defender breathes on him.

Comedy gold with the headbutt near the end. We could have done with a super slow mo of all that fro moving with furious anger.

Was it just me or was there a feeling of tension between Sadlier and Didi in the studio during the analysis? It looked like they didn't want to look at each other at the end.

I blame Richie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Cameroon defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto says he chose not to play for France because the country blames black players when the team struggles.

The 30-year-old Tottenham full-back was born in France, but qualified to play for Cameroon through his father.

He said: "When the national team get a bad result, they start to say there is a little bit too many black people, Muslim people and this kind of stuff.

"I don't like it. There is no point for me to play for this kind of country."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27895655

I think the Cameroon might be saying there's too many French in their team now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Brian is rightly exasperated.

I loved his comment about how at least Song did it to the opposition and not a teammate. :D
    The number 8 deserved the headbutt from BAE. He was completely free at the edge of the box but the Number 8 was just being a thick winger trying to take on players 10 times and then crossing it. He let it run out of play when a simple pass to BAE would have been sufficient.

BAE wasn't exactly setting the place alight now was he.
    He has always had a bit of an attitude.
    In fact most of the team were not at the races and appeared to not really give a monkey.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

A while back BAE said he didn't enjoy football/just played for the money iirc, which might explain his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

vidor wrote: »
    A while back BAE said he didn't enjoy football/just played for the money iirc, which might explain his performance.

Yeah. He just sees it as a job same as any other. No affliation for any club, will take the money wherever it is and makes no excuses for it.

Trying to headbutt your own player for not passing you the ball though? Pity he didnt get sent off. He deserved it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Was very harsh. One of the Cape Verde players got sent off in a match that was abandoned after 20 mins or so. Their association was told that the match was void, so they presumed that the red card was voided.

He played in the next game, FIFA said red cards count in voided games, and it cost them a place in the playoffs and possibly the World Cup.

Togo beat Cameroon also but had the result overturned for fielding an ineligible player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Togo beat Cameroon also but had the result overturned for fielding an ineligible player.

Yeah, but was Togo Cameroon called off and voided? If a game is voided by FIFA everything should be voided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Cameroon are investigating allegations that this match was fixed.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/07/01/uk-soccer-world-cmr-matchfixing-idINKBN0F62ZA20140701

Not that they uncovered this themselves of course.

This could be the final straw for me. There's no way the game in Europe should be subordinate to a governing body like FIFA where a majority of it's members are endemically corrupt. UEFA isn't perfect but the carry on with the African federations is ridiculous.

Advertisement