Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit return

Options
  • 18-06-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey Guys,

I know you have probably had a 100 of these threads. Anyway….

My tenancy ended on the 1st June. I left on the 30th May.

It was a shared tenancy. My former roommate was the main tenant on the lease.

Anyway, I gave 750 Euros as a security deposit.

I have received 500 Euros back.

On the 7th, the Agent has said that she is holding the other 250 Euros because the new tenant has said that the apartment carpet has dust and oven has grease and he would like it "professionally" cleaned.

She has not inspected this herself. So she is holding the 250 Euros and she said she won't deduct anything unless she get's an invoice and etc about the cleaning. She said I should discuss this with my roommate about the cleaning.

I have no received an email from the new tenant or my old roommate with any invoice or about anything ever. Would it be unreasonable to ask for the rest of the deposit back now since it has been 3 weeks and no email since the 7th?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anyway, I gave 750 Euros as a security deposit.

I have received 500 Euros back.
    Who did you give the 750 to, and who gave you the 500 back?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

You can only be checked out, and have deductions from deposit made, by the landlord or their agent against inventory.

Sounds in this case like the new tenant is calling the shots.

Also €250.00 seems very high....

Advertisement