Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a craft beer pub in Bantry and a place for a nice meal?

Options
  • 18-06-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Nothing really to add to thread title but if anyone can recommend me somewhere I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I don't know any pub in Bantry that has craft beer,but I could be wrong.Eating out anywhere along by the square,you will find restaurants,pub grub and takeaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

The Brick oven has a great selection of food and isn't too expensive. Don't know about craft beer though definitely not draft anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I dont know about craft beer but Ma Murphys do sell Stonewell cider which is Ireland's best craft cider hands down (the medium dry one) as well as some gluten free beers so they may well have some craft beer too. Its also Bantrys best pub.
    Brick oven is great for pizzas, only other place Ive eaten in Bantry is Tractors which does a good burger but all they really sell is burgers as far as I remember. Both will leave you particularly stuffed and are worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

Tractors is good as said its mostly burgers but they also do a few other things like fish and roast dinners, their burgers are nice though and very filling, of all the times ive been in Tractors ive not had a bad experience or poor food.
    the wife likes the Bake House for a bite to eat during the day if she is in bantry the club sandwich is nice and filling.

take away in bantry is a bit on the poor side imo unless you want pizza. the indian isnt bad on barrack street but its not been consistant when weve been.
    kebabs are a bit dire but no decent local alternative to what is available.
    chippy on the corner by supervalue is reasonable but doesnt fill me up personally.

cant comment on what drinking is like in bantry as i live in a small village 20 mins drive away and dont drink and drive so ive never had a pint in bantry, especially seeing as we have a couple of decent pubs on my doorstep

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭thebishop

Craft beers in Ma Murphys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

The Fish Kitchen do bottled craft beer

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭thebishop

frash wrote: »
    The Fish Kitchen do bottled craft beer

And the best place in town for good food.

Advertisement