Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digit wrong on licence.

Options
  • 19-06-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Got the licence in the door for my new browning t-bolt today and after a quick investigation of it I spotted that they had a digit wrong.

As most of ye know browning serial number have zx in them and my licence is 2x. Z mistaken for a 2. I only opened the post when I came in from work after 6 so tried ringing the district office straight away but they were gone home. I'll try again first thing in morning.

Just wondering has anyone on here ever had the same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

yes it has happened to me more than once, it is an easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭marcp

Run me through the basic on what they do and how long it takes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

FCA2. Use the top section for amendments.

On the left fill in the details as they are. On the right fill in the details as they SHOULD be. Submit and wait for the new license. If you can limit or avoid using the gun, do. I know it's overly cautious but basically you are not licensed. It's the very definition of pedantic, but with a wrong serial number it's true. The thing is with all the other details being right it'd be a bad Garda that would do you for it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    FCA2. Use the top section for amendments.

On the left fill in the details as they are. On the right fill in the details as they SHOULD be. Submit and wait for the new license. If you can limit or avoid using the gun, do. I know it's overly cautious but basically you are not licensed. It's the very definition of pedantic, but with a wrong serial number it's true. The thing is with all the other details being right it'd be a bad Garda that would do you for it.

Thanks for that cass. The gun is still in the dealers. He won't release it till the numbers match. Ya couldn't blame him either nor I wouldn't ask for it.

In fairness he is right. As i said above if he released it on a wrong number he is technically giving out a firearm to an unlicensed person. Like me asking a dealer to sell me another .308 based on my current license.

The FCA should be done quick enough. Sometimes an FO will change it on PULSE and re-issue the license without an FCA2, but fill one in just to be sure. It should be done in a few days, but don't wait too long for it to get done as it might sit on the bottom of the Super's pile. Wait till your FO is on duty, go in, explain, present the FCA2, and then see if s/he can do it asap. Once it's change don PULSE it should be issued for re-print immediately. So if done tomorrow you'll have it mid week, next week.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

Rang the firearms officer this morning. He changed it on the system there and then. New license will be with me Tuesday or Wednesday.

Pays to know your local guards.

Good stuff.

Advertisement