Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bourne 5

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJ59

I watched the first three yesterday to get me in the mood for the new one All are terrific films of the genre. Think Matt Damon is brilliant. Went to the new one this afternoon and again really enjoyed it. Up to the standard of the others. There is probably enough unfinished business for the character of Jason Bourne to get through one more before finally calling it quits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

I wonder if this film could of been better if they made a direct sequel to ultimatum ?

The fact that legacy messed with the story of ultimatum means we will never get a proper Jason Bourne follow up to ultimatum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Are they setting him up to come back into the agency in the inevitable next instalment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

seligehgit wrote: »
    Are they setting him up to come back into the agency in the inevitable next instalment?
    Not sure, i think the whole bourne leaving her the recording was him indicating to her that he knows shes just like all of the others before her, BUT i got the impression she was telling the big chief what he wanted to hear and maybe bourne understood that, so they could play it either way.

To be honest if they do make more, id like to see him return to work, instead of doing this running around trying to figure out his past. They have already jumped the shark with this one, may aswell go a new route.

I just hope they tone down the OTT action, that final car chase scene with the swat fan knocking 10 cars out of the way without slowing was ridiculous, lets not go Die hard on this please hollywood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I personally saw that ending as a definite 'no' to returning to the agency, especially when he played her the tape. But I could be wrong.

I also heard rumours of himself and Renner in the next one? Plot wise.....jaypors anyone's guess! Ladz go wild in Berlin probably (with car chases).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

sheep? wrote: »
    I personally saw that ending as a definite 'no' to returning to the agency, especially when he played her the tape. But I could be wrong.

I also heard rumours of himself and Renner in the next one? Plot wise.....jaypors anyone's guess! Ladz go wild in Berlin probably (with car chases).
    Did Heather mention something about Arron in the car near the end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Just saw it.
    It's the exact same as every Bourne movie ever made.
    (spoiler)
    -Big shot in an office "Find Bourne, get that assassin guy to get him"

-Bourne in a crowded public place in a major city trying to speak with an informant. Beats up evil henchmen. Has a fight with assassin guy,comes off the worse and runs away.

-Bourne runs around for next 60 mins threatening people and asking "Who am I/why did you do that to me etc etc"

- Bourne fights assassin.

-Moby plays

The end.

I've never gotten how people say these films are full of non stop action. No they aren't, they usually have one action set piece and about 47 scenes of people moving through a crowded public place looking for Bourne.

1/10, me and my wife actually fell asleep in the cinema during it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Decuc500

I thought this was a great addition to the series. The story, action scenes and frenetic editing were very similar to the other Greengrass Bourne movies but that didn’t bother me.

I was just swept along by the relentless pace of it all. A very entertaining summer blockbuster worth seeing on the big screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »
    Just saw it.
    It's the exact same as every Bourne movie ever made.
    (spoiler)
    -Big shot in an office "Find Bourne, get that assassin guy to get him"

-Bourne in a crowded public place in a major city trying to speak with an informant. Beats up evil henchmen. Has a fight with assassin guy,comes off the worse and runs away.

-Bourne runs around for next 60 mins threatening people and asking "Who am I/why did you do that to me etc etc"

- Bourne fights assassin.

-Moby plays

The end.

I've never gotten how people say these films are full of non stop action. No they aren't, they usually have one action set piece and about 47 scenes of people moving through a crowded public place looking for Bourne.

1/10, me and my wife actually fell asleep in the cinema during it.

I actually highly doubt that :rolleyes:

The plot and storyline might be loose but its still probably the most entertaining action movie you will see this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 barryegan

Something tells me that your wife actually was a bit sleepy whilst watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Saw it tonight. I was a bit fearful and prepared to be disappointed, as I'm a big fan of the original trilogy, particularly Ultimatum. But I really liked this one! I think it compares very well and kept me firmly entertained for 2 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I'm late to the party here but just saw it. Thought it was one of the weaker ones though still enjoyed it. Matt Damon looks so much older than the original (shouldn't have watched them all this weekend!) It was the same formula as before but isn't that what people want? Agree with the SWAT truck chase being too much but overall it was worth my fiver this evening. It's definitely setup for another if they want it and why wouldn't they!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mediocre to be honest. Weakest of the lot. It wasn't terrible by any means but I had high expectations and it fell way short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Good god that was boring. Loads of action with zero threat whatsoever.

Zero personality shown by any of the characters and there was more twists and turns in Tommy Lee Jones face than there was in the plot.

The only good thing is BvsS is no longer the worst film I've seen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Did Heather mention something about Arron in the car near the end ?
    I do not recall that but when he was looking at the classified files both Larx and operation comeback were there so definite links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Back from seeing it tonight.
    Thought it wasn't that great. It keeps your attention for two hours so it doesn't fail as a movie. But it's just a bit generic action movie compared to previous entries. The originals were better and had a better story in each entry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

I watched it last night.

It felt like a rehash of the first 3 films just not done as well.

The social media plot (which wasn't needed) also felt like it was shoehorned into the film.

Tommy lee jones came across as if he was half asleep for most of the film.

Alicia Vikander was totally miscast imo.

Vincent Cassel was the only new character I liked some what.

The chase scene in greece is about the only interesting scene in the film.

One thing about the ending that really stood out for me is when Alicia Vikander shots the head of CIA (Tommy lee jones) because she wants to protect Bourne who she has never even met before.

In real life nobody is going to shot the head of the CIA and get away with it. That scene just totally killed off any "realism" the Bourne franchise is known for.

Over all the film to me seemed like a cash grab which added very little in terms of story to what was said in the first 3 films.

I'm not sure where the franchise can go from here. Maybe they could make a proper sequel to ultimatum which deals with the fall out from that film.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AgaArts

I felt it was the weakest of the lot (although I've not seen Bourne 4).

As a stand-alone movie it would be dire, it only slightly worked because of the backstory. It's a shame that the series hadn't been wrapped up after the third movie, it's nice to have an ending and they could have done a prequel showing how he became Bourne as opposed to just hinting at it for four movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Love the Bourne series but this was ****. It was just so dull even with all the action sequences. Disappointing.

Could they not have gotten an older actress than Alicia Vikander to play the part?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

saw it tonight on blu-ray

just a case of the same ol same ol really, its getting boring fast

Alicia Vikander very easy on the eye though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Just watched this.Don't know if this has been mentioned already but it was a bit unrealistic (to say the least) that Alicia Vikander's character would take over as CIA director from Dewey.
    I mean she's 28 like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

IFCO Irish film censor Office annual report 2016 http://opac.oireachtas.ie/AWData/Library3/JUQdoclaid050717_150457.pdf 14 complaints that Jason Bourne was rated too low at 12A, hope it wasn't from those who broiught kids younger then 12
    During the year, IFCO received 14 complaints from the public
    relating specifically to classifications awarded. The largest number
    was in relation to JASON BOURNE, which was classified 12A with
    the accompanying consumer advice “Strong weapons and hand to
    hand combat action consistent with previous films in this
    franchise.”
    The correspondence related to the level of violence portrayed and
    while we felt it was consistent with decisions in other cases, it
    does highlight a trend which we are aware of and continue to
    monitor. This trend was the subject of a research project carried
    out by Assistant Classifier David Power entitled ‘Ratings Creep &
    Violence in Films for Young Teens’ which was presented by him at