Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dundalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

scheister wrote: »
    yea the plan would be to drive or cycle so i dont mind if its 10/15km away sort of thing. My main issue would be not ending up in the student area's. Any other place you can think of that might suit?

Blackrock, Castlebellingham, Dromiskin are nearby areas which are nice and scenic, and not far from Paypal.

Avoid Rockfield, College Manor & College Heights.

What age, have family, interests? Will be easier to advise.

Any questions, just ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

zAbbo wrote: »
    Blackrock, Castlebellingham, Dromiskin are nearby areas which are nice and scenic, and not far from Paypal.

Avoid Rockfield, College Manor & College Heights.

What age, have family, interests? Will be easier to advise.

Any questions, just ask :)

thanks zAbbo and sorry to the op for hijacking his thread

Sorry just saw the 2nd part of the post. 28 no family and main interest is running. A room rental will do me if thats all i can get

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

yea the plan would be to drive or cycle so i dont mind if its 10/15km away sort of thing. My main issue would be not ending up in the student area's. Any other place you can think of that might suit?

Oaklawns, Greenacres, Afton Drive, Avondale Park, Seafield Lawns, Laurel Grove, are all nice estates. No problems with any of them.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive then out towards Ravensdale or Carlingford are nice and rural. Could come in handy for running and the like. In the other direction you've got Castlebellingham and Dunleer. Annagassan/Togher are a good spot as well right on the coast which would be good for your running.

Ath Leathan isn't a bad spot either out by the racecourse. I wouldn't live there though since I don't drive. :P Avoid the apartments though, I know a few people living there and they wouldn't be the quietest. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

thanks zAbbo and sorry to the op for hijacking his thread

Sorry just saw the 2nd part of the post. 28 no family and main interest is running. A room rental will do me if thats all i can get

Do you drive?

If you're looking for a running club, one I know of is NE Runners https://www.facebook.com/northeastrunners.dundalk Not sure where they train/meetup but probably DKIT or car parks and run the local roads.

Dundalk is coastal which is lovely for running/cycling.

Looking what's available for sharing, and prices, this looks worth checking http://www.daft.ie/sharing/beechpark-blackrock-louth/776529/

Advertisement