Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists

Options
  • 19-06-2014 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭

Do you trust your Dentist?

I've never trusted Mechanics, Plumbers, Electricians...any of them. All Gangsters ready to fleece you if given half the chance. For some reason I've always trusted Dentists. If one has told me I need this or that I've taken their advice. Not anymore!

After Multiple visits to 2 Dentists in the space of a Month, 1 to tidy up after the other.

I'll always get a Second Opinion on what one of them tells me in the Future. May cost more at the time but I'd imagine big savings in the long run.

Just another shower of Gangsters in White Coats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What exactly us your Consumer Issue? I don't want a dentist bashing thread here.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Do you trust your Dentist?

I've never trusted Mechanics, Plumbers, Electricians...any of them. All Gangsters ready to fleece you if given half the chance. For some reason I've always trusted Dentists. If one has told me I need this or that I've taken their advice. Not anymore!

After Multiple visits to 2 Dentists in the space of a Month, 1 to tidy up after the other.

I'll always get a Second Opinion on what one of them tells me in the Future. May cost more at the time but I'd imagine big savings in the long run.

Just another shower of Gangsters in White Coats.

I notice your post in dental issues. You are having sensitivity after a deep filling which was close to the nerve. It was put in twice by two different dentists, this is less of a consumer issue/gangsters in white coats, and more of an issue of sugar intake/poor oral hygiene.

If a filling is near the nerve the first time, it doesn't become any less deep the second time. Always blame somebody else, it's easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Yes I trust my dentist. They are fantastic, they quoted me for a filling and when I went to pay she said that it wasn't as deep as they initially thought so charged me €50 less.

Could have easily have charged me more and I'd have been none the wiser. Was very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Personally I trust my dentist. Always very fair on prices and does a good job. My mechanic, plumber and electrician are all people I have dealt with for decades and I have done so for the very reason that they are honest, reliable and reasonable.

Advertisement