Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family and friends offer

Options
  • 19-06-2014 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi, I got an eircom line installed yesterday and now want to proceed with the family and friends offer which I know has to be ordered online. I have tried a couple of times but it cannot determine the broadband speed which leaves me unable to proceed. 

Does it take a few days for the line to become active? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Anyone? Just want to know if my line is active and how to proceed. I even checked the number when ordering NGB and it was the same story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

lenoude wrote: »
    Anyone? Just want to know if my line is active and how to proceed. I even checked the number when ordering NGB and it was the same story.
    Hi lenoude.

I will look into this for you. Can you PM me the account no and I will do so,

thanks
    Colm

Thanks for getting back to me, I actually rang today and the guy said the system just has to update so I'm to try tomorrow or Saturday and maybe Monday. 

Thanks for getting back to me, I actually rang today and the guy said the system just has to update so I'm to try tomorrow or Saturday and maybe Monday. 
    Hi lenoude

No problem. that makes sense as once installed, a Broadband speed pre-qulaification test has to be done to determine Broadband Speed available. Let me know if you are not able to do this in a few days.

thanks
    Colm

So I was finally able to proceed today but unfortunately the cabinet isn't efibre enabled , although it shows that it is on the eircom wholesale website. I was gonna go for NGB , it turns out that my line can hold just 1.0 mbs . I find it laughable , the guy that did the install just ran a connection from the existing phone line, which has been there approx. 50 years.

I rang today to see if I could get a new cable installed , as the neighbours had done a day prior to my install, to which the answer was no. They weren't willing to do it so now I've to cancel . I just find it ridiculous, the pole is at the front pillar and the cabinet less than 5 metres away from that yet  i can only get 1.0mbs. 

Why they were willing to change my neighbours and not mine god only knows. I have to wait until monday to cancel now, i can't even switch to a different provider because eircom are the ones that have to change the line. Ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

So I was finally able to proceed today but unfortunately the cabinet isn't efibre enabled , although it shows that it is on the eircom wholesale website. I was gonna go for NGB , it turns out that my line can hold just 1.0 mbs . I find it laughable , the guy that did the install just ran a connection from the existing phone line, which has been there approx. 50 years.

I rang today to see if I could get a new cable installed , as the neighbours had done a day prior to my install, to which the answer was no. They weren't willing to do it so now I've to cancel . I just find it ridiculous, the pole is at the front pillar and the cabinet less than 5 metres away from that yet  i can only get 1.0mbs. 

Why they were willing to change my neighbours and not mine god only knows. I have to wait until monday to cancel now, i can't even switch to a different provider because eircom are the ones that have to change the line. Ridiculous
    Hi lenoude
    I can understand why this would make little sense, however I suspect there is a reason for this. If you PM me with your line number I can get clarity on this for you.
    Tony

I have your details now lenoude and should have some information tomorrow ( Tuesday).
    Tony

I have your details now lenoude and should have some information tomorrow ( Tuesday).
    Tony

Any update on this?

Tony

Any update on this?
    Hi Lenoude
    I can see that your account has been cancelled, but no info on why this was not available to you as yet. This may take a few days as I have to contact area techs and operations.
    I will be back this week with follow up.
    Tony 

Hi, I rang to cancel today but the girl is checking why this is the situation and if it can be sorted. As far as I'm aware I haven't cancelled.

• Advertisement

Hi, I rang to cancel today but the girl is checking why this is the situation and if it can be sorted. As far as I'm aware I haven't cancelled.
    Hi Lenoude,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience here. Hopefully customer care can shed some light on this and get a resolution very soon. Be sure to let us know how you get on or if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi, I've heard nothing more since my last post and I have since gotten a direct debit from my account for line rental. I've even had a look at the cabinet and it says it's an efibre one .

My house is 1 house away from it so it must be definitely the line from the pole to my house. Anything that can be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, I've heard nothing more since my last post and I have since gotten a direct debit from my account for line rental. I've even had a look at the cabinet and it says it's an efibre one .

My house is 1 house away from it so it must be definitely the line from the pole to my house. Anything that can be done?

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi lenoude

I'll follow up on this from here, as soon as I have information on this situation I'll be back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Thanks very much for your help Alan. It allowed me to make an order this morning. The only thing is that when I put in my bank details for the direct debit and click "Check bank details" it then brings me to eircom's homepage?

Does this sound right? Just wanna be sure I have it ordered.

Never mind, I got sorted with the live chat. They got the order through . Thanks.

Thanks very much for your help Alan. It allowed me to make an order this morning. The only thing is that when I put in my bank details for the direct debit and click "Check bank details" it then brings me to eircom's homepage?

Does this sound right? Just wanna be sure I have it ordered.
    Hi lenoude

Al is out of the office for a few days. Can you send me a PM with any information here- exact address, order ref etc and I will look into this for you,

thanks
    Colm

Got efibre in yesterday, the line can handle 70mb and consistently getting mid 60's through wifi so very happy with that. The technician was only there for about 30 min. Very happy although it was a long road to get it. Thanks very much for your help Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Got efibre in yesterday, the line can handle 70mb and consistently getting mid 60's through wifi so very happy with that. The technician was only there for about 30 min.  Very happy although it was a long road to get it. Thanks very much for your help Al
    That's good to hear lenoude :)

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement