Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New brown food bin Country Clean

Options
  • 19-06-2014 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Recently got above with a helpful instruction letter re use, Wondering if people who have been using this required facility have any tips on making its operation easy to manage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

There was a whole other thread on this if you look it up there were a few tips on it..I for one have given up I used all the bags they gave and I aint forking out for more..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Milly33 wrote: »
    There was a whole other thread on this if you look it up there were a few tips on it..I for one have given up I used all the bags they gave and I aint forking out for more..
    Going to carry on here as I presume it will be merged...

You can use up to two sheets of newspaper as an alternative to the bag.

Ah that was one of them the newspaper, good tip alright.. it is just the smell and the flies and then they don't empty the bins properly so all the crap is left behind in the end of it..I would do it now if I thought they were doing it proplery but I have no faith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Was greeted by a pile of fat maggots at the end of the larger brown bin after it was "emptied" the other day. Working up the courage to tackle it!

In fairness it did go 4 weeks in the sun with meat in it, as the other apartments have yet to take their turns to put out the bins. I don't think the smell was too bad while it was closed, so happy to continue to use it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I had mine out this week with the normal bin, they collected the normal bin and left the brown bin. Needless to say the contents went into the normal bin........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

TheChizler wrote: »
    Was greeted by a pile of fat maggots at the end of the larger brown bin after it was "emptied" the other day. Working up the courage to tackle it!

In fairness it did go 4 weeks in the sun with meat in it, as the other apartments have yet to take their turns to put out the bins. I don't think the smell was too bad while it was closed, so happy to continue to use it for now.

Bleach, hot water and something to swish it around. as long as there is nothing large or solid in it, it should go down an out door drain fairly handy. Do it before the maggots become sentient!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You have to use a bin liner Shirley .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Got a letter from Greenstar today and they say bio-degradable bags are ok.

Have to pay a €30 deposit for the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Ugh -GROSS!! I refuse to use mine. Collecting the food waste every two weeks in this weather isn't doing it for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Get a dog, problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

aujopimur wrote: »
    Get a dog, problem solved.

Unless you have a dog like mine. He loves everything, but everything does not love him! He has a sensitive tum and costs us a small fortune to feed...

He's only a Shih Tzu!

mikeym wrote: »

That's odd as County Clean say you cant use them has to be these flimsy paper ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

mikeym wrote: »

We got that letter too, any idea where to get the bags or how much they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Boots234 wrote: »

I can get them for free at work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Boots234 wrote: »
    You can buy them in Dunnes, they are in with the small binliners, they are a light green colour, they are way better than the paper bags/newspaper, not to expensive but I don't know how much exactly!

Advertisement