Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Deedsie wrote: »
    Ah crap, the price on all ps4's have gone back up in Argos. I was hoping to buy the uncharted bundle at the end of January

I bet all the best stuff which was sold out is magically back in stock too like it was for Black Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

ERG89 wrote: »
    I bet all the best stuff which was sold out is magically back in stock too like it was for Black Friday

Does Argos actually behave like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Does Argos actually behave like that?

I'd say what happens is that they get so much stock at a certain price from a supplier. And when it's gone it's gone

Any good deal like that from argos gets reserved straight away.

I reserved my ps4 on Christmas Eve night when the prices changed.

There was about 10 or so available in the 3 limerick stores at that time

Checked again around noon Christmas and no stock left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Is it just the post christmas rush or is it near impossible to find an Argos that has a PS4 in stock?? Been checking 8/9 different stores for a week now and bar the odd 1 here and there that is gone very quickly they are all constantly out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

I figured out it was an upgrade pack after I bought it...looks like I'll need to buy the game at some stage:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Always helps to read the store description of what you're buying BEFORE buying it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Deedsie wrote: »
    Ah crap, the price on all ps4's have gone back up in Argos. I was hoping to buy the uncharted bundle at the end of January

Good chance the price will drop again in a few weeks. Just keep an eye on it every day. Argos have some great bundle offerings but the pricing is all over the place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kev. wrote: »
    35 Euro for Star Wars Battlefront digital code

I think you need a US account

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Deals/comments/3wykhc/a_rps4deals_exclusive_star_wars_battlefront_for/

Star Wars Battlefront is now €35 in the Irish PS Store as digital code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

anybody know if there is a website that gives out cheap dlc code for the bloodborne dlc its not on cdkeys but thought something else might be out there?

I dont wanna get of the psn yet incase it goes on sale next week will wait till part 2 of that january sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

biggebruv wrote:
    anybody know if there is a website that gives out cheap dlc code for the bloodborne dlc its not on cdkeys but thought something else might be out there?

I sold my disc copy of the game and got the GOTY version from Canadian PSN. Its currently about 33 euro or dlc alone would be 14.

Taltos wrote: »
    Good chance the price will drop again in a few weeks. Just keep an eye on it every day. Argos have some great bundle offerings but the pricing is all over the place.

Can't seem to get any PS4 bundles in stock in Argos at all, nearly 2 weeks checking online and the stores near me just never have stock.

Anywhere else as good as or near as good value to buy a PS4? Looking for COD or FIFA to come with if possible (although FIFA is only 40 euro in Argos anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,103 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Can't seem to get any PS4 bundles in stock in Argos at all, nearly 2 weeks checking online and the stores near me just never have stock.

Anywhere else as good as or near as good value to buy a PS4? Looking for COD or FIFA to come with if possible (although FIFA is only 40 euro in Argos anyway).

34 for super deluxe edition on PS Online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of Argos so got ps4 with black ops 3 for £299 and I'll get it in a couple of days.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of Argos so got ps4 with black ops 3 for £299 and I'll get it in a couple of days.

From Amazon.

From Amazon.

Its coming to 434 euro on Amazon for me, on a strict budget I'm afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I bought a ps4 from shop to.net and used PM.
    Never had an issue with them

Its coming to 434 euro on Amazon for me, on a strict budget I'm afraid!

Yes that sounds about right, although I paid in sterling. I just couldn't be bothered with constantly waiting for Argos to have stock and as my local Argos is over an hours drive away it's too much hassle for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I bought a ps4 from shop to.net and used PM.
    Never had an issue with them

Same here but used one of Parcel Wizard's free deliveries

From Amazon.

if that hasn't been despatched yet its £216 on amazon spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

New bargains are up on the store, no mention on blog but they're there.

Far Cry 4 19.99/17.99
    AC unity 19.99

Batman arkham knight is too but it's likely still higher than most shops even if digital is your preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Copied and pasted from Reddit:

PS4:
    Rainbow Six Siege 49,99
    Rainbow Six Siege Gold edition 69,99
    Mortal Kombat X 34,99
    Mortal Kombat X Premium 44,99 (40,49 for Plus)
    Assassin's Creed Unity 19,99
    Driveclub Bikes 9,99
    Zombi 9,99
    Far Cry 4 19,99 (17,99 for Plus)
    Far Cry 4 Gold 29,99
    Evil Within 14,99
    Formula 1 2015 24,99 (22,49 for plus)
    Alien Isolation 17,99 (16,19 for plus)
    Alien Isolation collection 24,99 (22,49 for plus)
    SOMA 18,99
    Batman Arkham Knight 39,99 (35,99 for plus)
    Batman Arkham Knight Premium 49,99 (44,99 for plus)
    Zombie army trilogy 19,99
    Wolfenstein New Order 11,99
    Wolfenstein Old Blood 9,99
    One Piece PW 3 34,99
    One Piece PW 3 Gold 44,99
    Bedlam 9,99
    BlazBlue 19,99
    Chivalry 13,49
    Chivalry Ultimate 19,99
    Tembo 6,49 (5,84 for plus)
    Legend of Kirra 6,99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not as good as part 1, gonna get Mass Effect 1 & 2 for 11 euro (I forgot ME 3 was free on ps+ ages back)

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Not as good as part 1, gonna get Mass Effect 1 & 2 for 11 euro (I forgot ME 3 was free on ps+ ages back)

Check if you're PC is capable and get the collection with all the DLC, it was reduced a lot for the sales and likely still purchasable on key resellers for near the same.

Varik wrote: »
    Check if you're PC is capable and get the collection with all the DLC, it was reduced a lot for the sales and likely still purchasable on key resellers for near the same.

Sound but the reason I'm getting it is because I only played ME 1 on my PC years ago and it was on the lowest settings and laggy and just sped through it (just got it to prepare for ME 2 & 3 on PS3). Looking forward to playing it normally now. It has Take Down the Sky which I never played but it's stupid the full Trilogy pack on PS3 is missing a lot of DLC. I never played 3 of the DLCs for ME 3 and they are 10, 10 and 15 euro. Just madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is the evil within worth a playthrough?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sound but the reason I'm getting it is because I only played ME 1 on my PC years ago and it was on the lowest settings and laggy and just sped through it (just got it to prepare for ME 2 & 3 on PS3). Looking forward to playing it normally now. It has Take Down the Sky which I never played but it's stupid the full Trilogy pack on PS3 is missing a lot of DLC. I never played 3 of the DLCs for ME 3 and they are 10, 10 and 15 euro. Just madness.

Same but the PC was worse off, the consoles got those DLC reduced a few times but PC had to pay the full price even now. It's cheaper to buy the collection now than get those last few DLC for 3 separately.

Still have bioware points sitting on my account that can't do anything with as I'd need more to get anything.

Don't really want to rebuy the game for that but if they did a PS4 release of the collection I would.

Yupp I was waiting for a PS4 port of the trilogy but looks like it's not gonna happen and I need space fix since everyone is going on about shyting star wars. Something niggling at me to play through the ME Trilogy again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Copied and pasted from Reddit:

PS4:
    Rainbow Six Siege 49,99
    Rainbow Six Siege Gold edition 69,99
    Mortal Kombat X 34,99
    Mortal Kombat X Premium 44,99 (40,49 for Plus)
    Assassin's Creed Unity 19,99
    Driveclub Bikes 9,99
    Zombi 9,99
    Far Cry 4 19,99 (17,99 for Plus)
    Far Cry 4 Gold 29,99
    Evil Within 14,99
    Formula 1 2015 24,99 (22,49 for plus)
    Alien Isolation 17,99 (16,19 for plus)
    Alien Isolation collection 24,99 (22,49 for plus)
    SOMA 18,99
    Batman Arkham Knight 39,99 (35,99 for plus)
    Batman Arkham Knight Premium 49,99 (44,99 for plus)
    Zombie army trilogy 19,99
    Wolfenstein New Order 11,99
    Wolfenstein Old Blood 9,99
    One Piece PW 3 34,99
    One Piece PW 3 Gold 44,99
    Bedlam 9,99
    BlazBlue 19,99
    Chivalry 13,49
    Chivalry Ultimate 19,99
    Tembo 6,49 (5,84 for plus)
    Legend of Kirra 6,99

Is there a list of PS3 games added?

Is the evil within worth a playthrough?

I really liked it as did many, some didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Really liked it to

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement