Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Fifa 16 in Argos, 54.99 price set to change today will it go up or down. It was 39.99 before Christmas.

Bit the bullet and bought it this morning and the price came up as 45.99, still a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there much difference between the Canadian Store and US Store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ItsHoggie wrote:
    Is there much difference between the Canadian Store and US Store?

They have the same content and sales but Canadian store works out cheaper due to Canadian dollar having better exchange rate with euro than us dollar. A game could be 69 dollars on us store and 79 on Canadian but will work out cheaper on Canadian when converted to euro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

GTA: The Trilogy $20.99 on US PSN, until the 19th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

F1ngers wrote: »
    GTA: The Trilogy $20.99 on US PSN, until the 19th.

Do I need a US PSN account.
    Can I play them using my IE PSN account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Krusader wrote: »
    Do I need a US PSN account.
    Can I play them using my IE PSN account

Yes, it has to Primary along with your Irish account on the machine

Yes, after you download the games flick over...

Tbh you are better off with the US version of most of the PS2 games - 60hz and not the 50hz Pal equivalent....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

IS there any of the Xtra Visions in Limerick closing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yes, it has to Primary along with your Irish account on the machine

Yes, after you download the games flick over...

Tbh you are better off with the US version of most of the PS2 games - 60hz and not the 50hz Pal equivalent....

The days pf 50hz PAL are well and truly gone at this stage!

Doge wrote: »
    The days pf 50hz PAL are well and truly gone at this stage!

Can't believe Sony do our versions at the 50hz Pal version, in sure their argument would be not a lot of TV's here can't do 60 possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I imagine the argument is localisation.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    I imagine the argument is localisation.

Even still - the option would be nice before you launch the game from your library a simple test to see can your TV display it...

They went to the trouble of adding trophy support to the old games would one 2 second test before the game launches be that hard to implement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

IS there any of the Xtra Visions in Limerick closing ?

The one in Dooradoyle is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I was gonna ask are any in Dublin closing, but I'm not even sure how many there are left, and the ones that are were merged with HMV I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I was gonna ask are any in Dublin closing, but I'm not even sure how many there are left, and the ones that are were merged with HMV I think.

Clondalkin and Ballyfermot branches are definitely closing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Terraria on PS4 is €5.40 in Tesco.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

F1ngers wrote: »

The blog has turned into a complete disaster with sales announcements. They're not listing prices or what percentage you're saving anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The blog has turned into a complete disaster with sales announcements. They're not listing prices or what percentage you're saving anymore.

I just use psprices.com to find out if there are any sales as they show the price history for games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Canada store Indie flash sale. I picked up 7 games for less than €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Had $2.50 left over, bought Tiny Brains there for $2 going to top up account tomorrow and buy more... Love the Canadian store Flashsales ... The discounts we get on our store is rubbish tbh...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks to PS+ I picked up Bloodborne GotY edition for only €29.99, the Resogun season pack for €2.99 and Drive Club Bikes expansion for €15, the last I would have got for less had I been a bit quicker of the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks to PS+ I picked up Bloodborne GotY edition for only €29.99, the Resogun season pack for €2.99 and Drive Club Bikes expansion for €15, the last I would have got for less had I been a bit quicker of the mark.

Picked up Bloodborne myself cant wait to get into it, also picked up wasteland 2 looks great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I owned and finished the physical release of Bloodborne last year, then sold it on while it was still worth a few bob, seeing it for only €29.99 with the dlc was exactly what I was waiting for.
    Drive club bikes though, not the revolution I hoped for, the bike control model isn't a patch even on the Moto GP games on the original Xbox, where the front and back breaks were mapped to the triggers.

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I owned and finished the physical release of Bloodborne last year, then sold it on while it was still worth a few bob, seeing it for only €29.99 with the dlc was exactly what I was waiting for.
    Drive club bikes though, not the revolution I hoped for, the bike control model isn't a patch even on the Moto GP games on the original Xbox, where the front and back breaks were mapped to the triggers.

I got suckered into paying 20 for the DLC on it's own last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I play Drive Club and like it but, just feels a bit empty. Like Forza, GT and the old NFS were miles better than anything Ive played on this gen

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭vanti

on one of the other threads on here, someone has listed metal gear solid v for 19.99

postage is 2.95

http://www.game.co.uk/en/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-232283?categoryIdentifier=706209&catGroupId=

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭vanti

on one of the other threads on here, someone has listed metal gear solid v for 19.99

postage is 2.95

http://www.game.co.uk/en/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-232283?categoryIdentifier=706209&catGroupId=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I went a bit crazy last week .
    The Golf Pro on us psn for 7 euro is hard to say no too.
    Also picked up the Chess game for 2 euro which is actually pretty good.

Both Dark Souls 2 and Resident Evil Rev 2 were £9.50 on amazon.co.uk
    Along with Metal Gear solid 5 for £19.95 also on amazon.co.uk

And finally Black Ops 3 for £30 and Battlefield Hardline for £16.50 again on amazon.co.uk

Now when will I ever get to play them is the next problem :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Finally got around to checking this and it's over :( dammit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement