Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

For anyone who doesn't have PS Plus at the moment, you can get a 2 day free trial by installing the Track Mania Turbo Beta, and when you run the game you'll be offered a 2 day free trial of PS Plus, at least I was anyway:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/trackmania-turbo/cid=EP0001-CUSA04578_00-TRACKMANIA001B01?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&utm_campaign=PX+-+PlayStation+-+Brand+-+Ireland&EMCID=GM300000_store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How's it holding up? It's tempting me :)

San Andreas is pretty fantastic and while the graphics obviously aren't great, it doesn't get in the way of the fun at all.

Very, very easy platinum trophy too if you go for those, just a bit time consuming.

EDIT: I see you were talking about GTA 3 mainly, oops. That holds up pretty well too, didn't put as much time into it as San Andreas or Vice City though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

martyos121 wrote: »
    Very, very easy platinum trophy too if you go for those, just a bit time consuming.

That's the plan anyways, time consuming wouldn't be an issue for me coming off the back of playing Mad Max!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

van_beano wrote: »
    That's the plan anyways, time consuming wouldn't be an issue for me coming off the back of playing Mad Max!

Still have Mad Max left in the cabinet in its factory wrapping since release day haha, planned on starting the Witcher 3 next but is it worth giving Mad Max a look first?

Still have Mad Max left in the cabinet in its factory wrapping since release day haha, planned on starting the Witcher 3 next but is it worth giving Mad Max a look first?

Mad Max is good but can get very repetitive. With the combat, open world and missions it's pretty much like an Assasins Creed game except with cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do the GTA games have all of the soundtracks as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

San Andreas is pretty fantastic and while the graphics obviously aren't great, it doesn't get in the way of the fun at all.

EDIT: I see you were talking about GTA 3 mainly, oops. That holds up pretty well too, didn't put as much time into it as San Andreas or Vice City though.

No no, I meant all 3. Glad that SA is holding up. Like others, Vice City is just a joy regardless :) So 2 out of 3 will do me!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Picked up Final Fantasy x/x-2, dishonored and Tales from the Borderlands in the sale, still a few things Id love to get, not a bad sale at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Amazon exclusive Fallout 4 with artbook and soundtrack is £18.24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

There's a flash sale up on the Canadian store. A few good deals, the swapper for $1.49 and steam world dig for $2.99.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Street fighter v is €16 delivered on Amazon.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Tinie wrote: »
    Street fighter v is €16 delivered on Amazon.com

Not seeing that
    Link please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It has expired.

Ordered it because it was a hell of a price. Only realised after it'll be a nightmare for the DLC system they have. But oh well, I've only ever dabbled in SF anyway so probably an optimistic assumption I'll be able to afford them with in game credits anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It has expired.

Ordered it because it was a hell of a price. Only realised after it'll be a nightmare for the DLC system they have. But oh well, I've only ever dabbled in SF anyway so probably an optimistic assumption I'll be able to afford them with in game credits anyway :pac:
    Ordered it too, and already paid, awaiting shipping confirmation atm.

Amazon must have sold a lot of them at that price. It wen't back up to $40 and now only third party sellers are listed for SF5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do the GTA games have all of the soundtracks as well?

I think Vice City is missing some songs

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I think Vice City is missing some songs

Yep, the licenses expired.

· Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"
    · Michael Jackson -"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"
    · Ozzy Osbourne -"Bark At The Moon"
    · Kate Bush -"Wow"
    · Herbie Hancock - "Rock It"
    · Lionel Richie - "Running with the night"
    · Some songs from Radio Espantoso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yep, the licenses expired.

· Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"
    · Michael Jackson -"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"

· Ozzy Osbourne -"Bark At The Moon"
    · Kate Bush -"Wow"
    · Herbie Hancock - "Rock It"
    · Lionel Richie - "Running with the night"
    · Some songs from Radio Espantoso

Not even worth buying if I can't cruise down Ocean Drive singing along to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not even worth buying if I can't cruise down Ocean Drive singing along to them.

Custom soundtrack ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

I somehow just managed to get the 25% off 1 year ps+ sub even though ive had it years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Custom soundtrack ftw.

The soundtrack is one of the best part of the game. Using your own music detracts from that imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

curryman wrote: »
    I somehow just managed to get the 25% off 1 year ps+ sub even though ive had it years.

Mind me asking how you purchased it? Mobile site? PS4 store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

orig tried through the pc store wouldnt work then tried ps4 said it failed but whan i tried to order the norm sub i noticed they had put the 25%offer through. double checked it and my renew dates are for next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Custom soundtrack ftw.

Vice City without the soundtrack?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The soundtrack is one of the best part of the game. Using your own music detracts from that imo.
    AdamD wrote: »
    Vice City without the soundtrack?? :eek:

I was only saying he could do that if he wanted to listen to the tunes that were missing from the game now.

Started Vice City there, I had forgotten how far graphics have come on since the PS2! Plays well on the PS4, doesn't use L1 or R1 to drive vehicles, must use X to accelerate. Plenty of songs and silly chat to listen to on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The controls are a pain but they kinda come back to you after an hour or so. Lets be honest - they were pretty poor controls 14 years ago let alone now.

What dates these games to me is the graphics and the problem there really is the screens we play these on. I played those three games first time around on a 14" portable in my bedroom. Blown up years later onto a 42" LCD it looks pretty horrible. And that issue gets more pronounced the later into the series you are. I think GTA3 is the best looking now. It's grey, it's rainy and it's very small and well constructed. San Andreas is so big and pushed the PS2 to the limits at the time and that was at a marginal cost to the graphics.

My biggest issue replaying Vice City is Tommy Vercetti. He's a dick who I find it very difficult to empathise with.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My biggest issue replaying Vice City is Tommy Vercetti. He's a dick who I find it very difficult to empathise with.

Poor old Tommy, he picked up the bosses daughter to bring to the strip club in an early errand task.

Daughter: so you work for my dad?
    Tommy: Maybe.
    Daughter: Do you mind if I put my hand on your lap?

Fantastic script. The radio station option in fairness on VC and SA were way ahead of their time with having proper licensed music. All I remember in GTA 3 was classical music and blowing up some house beside the sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I loved 'Flashback FM' on GTA3.

SHE'S ON FIRE......AND SHE'S BURNING!

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    Poor old Tommy, he picked up the bosses daughter to bring to the strip club in an early errand task.

Daughter: so you work for my dad?
    Daughter: Do you mind if I put my hand on your lap?

Fantastic script. The radio station option in fairness on VC and SA were way ahead of their time with having proper licensed music. All I remember in GTA 3 was classical music and blowing up some house beside the sea.

GTA3 did have the Scarface soundtrack which was pretty cool. I actually bought the Vice City boxset years ago, such a great buy. Still listen to it to this day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement