Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

GTA3 did have the Scarface soundtrack which was pretty cool. I actually bought the Vice City boxset years ago, such a great buy. Still listen to it to this day!

Same here, had about 10 or 12 CD's in it which included all the commercial bits and everything. Love the Fever 105 channel, think the Barry White character is the DJ for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wave 103 all the way lads!

Last night a DJ saved my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Game of Thrones Season Pass for 9.99 or 8.99 with Plus. Worth it anyone?? I liked TWD by Telltale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Game of Thrones Season Pass for 9.99 or 8.99 with Plus. Worth it anyone?? I liked TWD by Telltale

I liked it but it was the first game by them I played, id recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Which is the best GTA game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Everyone has a different opinion. Mine would be Vice City

morritty wrote: »
    Everyone has a different opinion. Mine would be Vice City

well I cant pass up liberty city for €7.49 i think

well I cant pass up liberty city for €7.49 i think

Is that GTA 3?

van_beano wrote: »
    Is that GTA 3?

no GTA liberty city on PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Episodes from Liberty City? i dont thinks thats on the PS store for PS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I have such great memories of playing GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas that I almost always say these. (in order - Vice City, 3, San Andreas)

But, it's hard to argue against GTA V since it has updated mechanics, more of just about everything - vehicles, weapons, side missions, etc - as it really captures the spirit of these games while adding something new. I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the first 3 I mentioned, but if I had never played a single GTA game, I reckon I'd get more out of V than any of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

San Andreas for me, must of cleared that game about 5-6 times. Had it on PS2,360 & PS4 never gets old.

Vice City is also a great game, probably the best sound track out of any game I've ever played too.

Never really liked 3, always found Liberty City boring and dull, so never actually finished that game.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Never really liked 3, always found Liberty City boring and dull, so never actually finished that game.

I've fond memories of GTA 3, it was the first of the series that I played and I was literally in awe at the sheer size of Liberty City and the fact it was pretty much a completely open world from the start. Vice City took it to the next level with the soundtrack. I think I was burnt out when it came to San Andreas, didn't enjoy it as much. The pigeon collectibles in GTA IV wrecked my head. I still have V in the plastic that came with my PS4, backlog is killing me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Playstation Wireless Headset 2.0 €64.99 in Smyths (link)

Pros: Sound Quality is excellent, onscreen indicator (battery remaining, mute etc), charge gives approx. 6 hours playtime, 3.5mm phono provided for non-wireless use.

Cons: Plastic body, especially hinges, prone to cracking and breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Smyths online have €10 off Uncharted 4 preordered. Works for both normal Edition and Special Edition and includes preorder bonus. The code is UNCHART10 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Smyths online have €10 off Uncharted 4 preordered. Works for both normal Edition and Special Edition and includes preorder bonus. The code is UNCHART10 :)

Thanks for heads-up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Playstation Wireless Headset 2.0 €64.99 in Smyths (link)

Pros: Sound Quality is excellent, onscreen indicator (battery remaining, mute etc), charge gives approx. 6 hours playtime, 3.5mm phono provided for non-wireless use.

Cons: Plastic body, especially hinges, prone to cracking and breaking.

I love this headset but you're right about the weakness of the plastic. I had the original set and this set and both broke in the same place. Both times my fault but I feel another set could have taken the strain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

tagoona wrote: »

That would be for a US account only unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege is on Amazon for £19.99 which is roughly €25. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KJGJLAK/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Allyall wrote: »
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege is on Amazon for £19.99 which is roughly €25. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KJGJLAK/

Best Multiplayer game from last year that I have played anyways... Brilliant game to play with friends...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Best Multiplayer game from last year that I have played anyways... Brilliant game to play with friends...

Really tempted to get it, is there still enough people playing it to find matches quickly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

martyos121 wrote: »
    Really tempted to get it, is there still enough people playing it to find matches quickly?

Yeah theres still loads playing, really fun game too I didn't try out beta just insta bought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah theres still loads playing, really fun game too I didn't try out beta just insta bought...

Played the beta thought it was like a game based on search and destroy, which I didn't mind it was fun enough, wouldn't spend full price on it but for €25 I'd say it's worth it. Also didn't like the controls felt as if they were slow/laggy which I didn't find enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Allyall wrote: »

Absolute bargain at that price. One of the most intense and satisfying games iv played in the last year. Different from your usual shooter and for the better i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Rock Band 4 Guitar and Software Bundle - PS4 ,€73 ,

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3307391/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|PS4|37328275/c_3/4|cat_37328275|PS4+games|37328632.htm

ps lads... get your move controllers here before there all gone, if you think you will be going VR.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SP3MCON001#.Vv5SInrDbO4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Polar101

I was thinking of buying Gran Turismo 6 from the PSN Easter Sale. I haven't actually played any of the previous games, but wouldn't trying one - just looking for a driving game for PS3. Any opinions on GT6,is it still worth playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Polar101 wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying Gran Turismo 6 from the PSN Easter Sale. I haven't actually played any of the previous games, but wouldn't trying one - just looking for a driving game for PS3. Any opinions on GT6,is it still worth playing?

What kind of driving games do you like?

Its a but simulator focused, some people call it "simcade", so might be less fun / more boring than other racing games.

If you're looking for a fun racing game I think Motorstorm Apocalypse is the best on PS3.

You can download a free demo if it too actually:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/motorstorm-apocalypse-single-player-demo/cid=EP9000-NPEA90090_00-MOTORSDEMO000001?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&utm_campaign=PX+-+PlayStation+-+Brand+-+Ireland&EMCID=GM300000_store

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement