Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

picked up dark souls 2 for ps3 today for 8 euro in cex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Picked up GTA V for PS3 in CEX for €12

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Does anyone know if there are any PS4 controller bargains going, or even if they are in stock anywhere? everywhere they seem to be 59.99 but it seems like there is no stock anywhere?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Swarlez wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any PS4 controller bargains going, or even if they are in stock anywhere? everywhere they seem to be 59.99 but it seems like there is no stock anywhere?

The price rarely drops on these but argos have them in stock in some stores:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1419315/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+controllers+and+steering+wheel%7C37328627.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

jonnycivic wrote: »

cheers, based in Dublin and the only one i can really find is the white controller for 69.99 in Tallght on the checkargos website. Might just grab one of those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked up Rainbow Six Siege in Argos for €29.99 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

drive club and season pass is 9.99 for ps+ members... absolute bargain for a great game and huge content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

drive club and season pass is 9.99 for ps+ members... absolute bargain for a great game and huge content

Any idea how big the complete install is? At the stage where I'm deleting stuff now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Definately a bargain for those who didn't pick it up yet. I still play the odd game of it.

That said this is such a strange game somewhere between arcade and sim.

It's like it didn't know what it wanted to be which just taints it somewhat for me.

It's beautiful and plays well for the most part but just an odd in between style.

Hard to explain tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Picked up Rainbow Six Siege in Argos for €29.99 today.

Just reserved a copy for myself there, cheers for the tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just reserved a copy for myself there, cheers for the tip

It's £19.99 online if you're willing to wait. Amazon etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My wallet doesnt like you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Definately a bargain for those who didn't pick it up yet. I still play the odd game of it.

That said this is such a strange game somewhere between arcade and sim.

It's like it didn't know what it wanted to be which just taints it somewhat for me.

It's beautiful and plays well for the most part but just an odd in between style.

Hard to explain tbh

It's made by many of the team behind the still brilliant Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast and the Xbox PGR titles, sharing their style of accessible racing that isn't always about the line but doesn't give the option of throwing bananas out the back either.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's made by many of the team behind the still brilliant Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast and the Xbox PGR titles, sharing their style of accessible racing that isn't always about the line but doesn't give the option of throwing bananas out the back either.

Yeah I know the guys behind it alright.

I know you're saying its accessible but in some respects a Forza or Gran Turismo imo is more accessible.

The cornering in Drive Club can be incredibly unforgiving in particular at higher speeds.

As I said though I still enjoy the odd game of it and tbh if I had more time I'd love to give it the time it deserves to get better at it.

I'd also love to play it with a steering wheel but my old Logitech wheel is not compatible. I'll get a converter at some point. Can't justify a new wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah I know the guys behind it alright.

I know you're saying its accessible but in some respects a Forza or Gran Turismo imo is more accessible.

The cornering in Drive Club can be incredibly unforgiving in particular at higher speeds.

As I said though I still enjoy the odd game of it and tbh if I had more time I'd love to give it the time it deserves to get better at it.

I'd also love to play it with a steering wheel but my old Logitech wheel is not compatible. I'll get a converter at some point. Can't justify a new wheel.

Same, have a G25 and don't really want to get the G29. Although Idid get the Xbox One version of the wheel, the G920.

Really wish someone would make legacy controller drivers for the wheels like what has happened for the ps3 arcade sticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

At full price the Thrustmaster wheels are better than the G29, but the G29 is really reduced on Amazon now.
    Same, have a G25 and don't really want to get the G29. Although Idid get the Xbox One version of the wheel, the G920.

Really wish someone would make legacy controller drivers for the wheels like what has happened for the ps3 arcade sticks.

There was some adapters but they added a lot of latency.

Varik wrote: »
    At full price the Thrustmaster wheels are better than the G29, but the G29 is really reduced on Amazon now.

There was some adapters but they added a lot of latency.

I could be completely wrong but I think there was talk on the fighting forum that some of the lads were using is it "brooks" converters for their fightsticks?

I can't imagine they'd be too happy with latency issues.

I honestly haven't looked into it as my wheel is in the attic due to space and time etc currently but would be interested for future releases like Gran Turismo etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I bought Driveclub and the season pass and I'm a bit dissappointed about the way it works to be honest.
    The driveclub tour and startline are fine but everything else has a shopping cart icon next to it and it asks you to go to the playstation store to buy.
    I was expecting everything to be unlocked automatically but for everything from the season pass to unlock you have to go to the Playstation store and buy it for free for each individual event.
    Am I doing something wrong here?
    Also Finish Line and No Limits are not covered by the Season pass which I was suprised by.
    I thought the Season pass covered everything.
    There is a massive amount of events and races covered by the pass just not those 2.
    It's still good value anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Swarlez wrote: »

This one from ebay comes to 47 euro delivered with Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard / Address Pal:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sony-ps4-black-playstation-4-dualshock-4-wireless-controller-34-49-delivered-ebay-2424118?page=2#comments

You can check feedback on them here, a few people are saying its definitely genuine:

http://www.feedbackselector.com/feedsearch.php?seller=universal-electronix&itemName=dualshock+ps4&pageNum=1

• Advertisement

Maybe not the biggest bargain but I wanted it and wasn't willing to pay the initial full price so was happy with this price.

€24 for borderlands the handsome collection for ps4 and Xbox one in Argos currently.

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?searchTerms=Borderlands

It's on psn as well for €25 I think if you're not one for physical copies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Maybe not the biggest bargain but I wanted it and wasn't willing to pay the initial full price so was happy with this price.

€24 for borderlands the handsome collection for ps4 and Xbox one in Argos currently.

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?searchTerms=Borderlands

It's on psn as well for €25 I think if you're not one for physical copies.

Showing as 44 now?

Showing as 44 now?

That's really odd. I looked at it this morning and it showed €23.99 which was the price I paid for it a few days ago. I meant to post the bargain alert then but forgot. Sorry if it's gone now.

Is the psn one still on? It was €25 there a few days ago. My mate bought it there as he prefers digital.

That's really odd. I looked at it this morning and it showed €23.99 which was the price I paid for it a few days ago. I meant to post the bargain alert then but forgot. Sorry if it's gone now.

Is the psn one still on? It was €25 there a few days ago. My mate bought it there as he prefers digital.

Yeah I was watching it on argos myself for weeks but no stock in any of the local stores. It went up again today and that price is valid until tomorrow so probably take another price drop on saturday.
    The one on PSN is gone as it was part of the easter sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lots of Dlc for sale including Dark Souls Artoria for 3.89

Yeah I was watching it on argos myself for weeks but no stock in any of the local stores. It went up again today and that price is valid until tomorrow so probably take another price drop on saturday.
    The one on PSN is gone as it was part of the easter sale.

That's crap. That said I'd say you're right I can't see it staying at the €40 mark.

I think I saw it in Smyths a few months back for around €25 as well so I'd say that's the price you'll see it dipping too every now and then.

Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That's crap. That said I'd say you're right I can't see it staying at the €40 mark.

I think I saw it in Smyths a few months back for around €25 as well so I'd say that's the price you'll see it dipping too every now and then.

Hope you get sorted.

Smyths sold them off for €15 at Christmas.

Zavvi are selling it for €30 if you don't mind waiting a bit, their shipping times are not the best.

Smyths sold them off for €15 at Christmas.

Zavvi are selling it for €30 if you don't mind waiting a bit, their shipping times are not the best.

Yeah I knew I'd seen it cheap in Smyths. Don't know why I didn't pick it up at €15. That's stupidly cheap.

I'm happy enough with €25. I'll definately get 25 hours or more out of it.

My rule to myself for justifying a game purchase these days is 1hour played per euro spent. It's good value then.

Too many games bought over the years and left sitting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks to a weakening pound Dark Souls 3 is now €44 from The Game Collectionhttp://www.thegamecollection.net/dark-souls-iii-ps4.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks to a weakening pound Dark Souls 3 is now €44 from The Game Collectionhttp://www.thegamecollection.net/dark-souls-iii-ps4.html

I have it ordered from TGC for 32.95, how much is that then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement