Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dunno if its much of a bargain but I preordered FFXV Day One edition on Zavvi for €56.

Free delivery.

You could be waiting anywhere from a 1-4 weeks to get it from Zavvi though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Xenji wrote: »

They are pretty much the only online retailer I use and I've never had any delays thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They've gotten a bit better. Most of the new blurays I've recently purchased arrived on UK release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

They are the worst I have ever dealt with, never again. I'm not one for running down other people's businesses and I used to used them regularly because their prices were good but the screwed me around big time. I had 3 separate games ordered and not one of them arrived for Christmas (ordered them first week of November). They were all Christians presents, which I explained to them and I kept vetting an email telling me I had to download,print, fill out and scan a loss of order form before they could do anything. After going through this ridiculous process I was told that I was now not eligible for a refund or the games to be resent as the 40 days to report had lapsed (I reported within 2 weeks). After many many many emails I eventually got one if the games in February and only got a refund for the other two as they were no longer in stock. That was 3 Christmas presents ruined for people. It's no surprise they don't have a customer care phone number. If they were selling all their stock for ,€5 each I wouldn't go near them, terrible site with terrible customer relations. Rant over but I just wanted to give people the heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Anyone know of any good deals for Dark Souls II PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Quick question for the lads who pre ordered Uncharted 4 with Smyths with the 10 eur discount code, do you pay the full 55 quid upfront? Do they send you na email confirming your order will be ready on 10th May? Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Quick question for the lads who pre ordered Uncharted 4 with Smyths with the 10 eur discount code, do you pay the full 55 quid upfront? Do they send you na email confirming your order will be ready on 10th May? Thanks guys.

I set up an account and gave my CC details, got an email saying its pre-ordered at that price and will be charged closer to the release date. No estimated time on when though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I set up an account and gave my CC details, got an email saying its pre-ordered at that price and will be charged closer to the release date. No estimated time on when though

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

From experience they charge the day before they ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I think if you order online from symths to pick up instore, you'll be charged 24 or 48 hours before release.

GTA5 is €40 in smyths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've never played any of the God of war games, is God of war 3 remastered worth a go at €15?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What's the player activity situation like with Battlefield 4 on the PS4? Played it to death on the 360 but never bought the expansions and I'm tempted by the Premium Edition at €15, especially with the BF5 hype this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I've never played any of the God of war games, is God of war 3 remastered worth a go at €15?

I loved 1 and 2 on the PS2 in a real button-masher sense. There's not much nuance to it, but its fun.

I've never played 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Is Payday 2 Crimewave edition on PS4 worth a shot?

Looking for an FPS thats a but different and it looks really enticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Is Wolfenstein: The Old Blood worth it?

I have The New Order already which I've enjoyed but not sure I want something that's more or less the same thing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Doge wrote: »
    Is Payday 2 Crimewave edition on PS4 worth a shot?

Looking for an FPS thats a but different and it looks really enticing.

The console versions of Payday is pretty sub par I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Adamcp898 wrote:
    What's the player activity situation like with Battlefield 4 on the PS4? Played it to death on the 360 but never bought the expansions and I'm tempted by the Premium Edition at €15, especially with the BF5 hype this week.

They are giving away free dlc for BF4 & Hardline over the next few months so you might be better off buying the vanilla version for a tenner.
    Good sale this.....tempted by Day of the Tentacle, BF4, Watch_Dogs, Banner Saga, Back to the Future & Heavy Rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

For any MOBA fans, Epic Games are conducting a 'stress test' for Paragon this weekend. If you try it and like it you can get an early access 'Founder's Pack' for half price while the test is ongoing (Thur 5pm - Mon 2am).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Any time ive jumped on for a game there has been matches available. €15 is very cheap for all the content the game provides. Although i got frustrated and gave up on the game a good while ago it probably still is one of the best shooters on PS4 IMO.

The free dlc this week is just one map pack,Dragons Teeth,id just spend the €15 and get the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just purchased Monopoly Family Fun Pack for €14.99 and it seems that I could have just bought the games seperately for €11 instead :mad:...

I taught it included Boggle, Risk and the 2 monopoly games but thats the Hasbro collection... Don't see how paying more for the pack means that you get the same stuff as paying the cheaper price singly ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

The Witcher 3 is €25 in Argos on PS4 and XB1.

Might be handy for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet!

Calling this a bargain is an understatement!

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=THE+WITCHER+3&authToken=238108914%252cFGh%252fFoWeYwcyXqJsEKdGFQhEotw%253d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

My friends have been encouraging me to get this - they've buried many, many hours into it. It looks a bit too RPG-y for me.

I like big sandbox games with strong narratives, good characters and plenty of slashing/shooting (Red Dead Redemption for example) but I switch off the second there's any RPG nonsense involved. Would I like The Witcher 3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The Witcher 3 is €25 in Argos on PS4 and XB1.

Might be handy for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet!

Calling this a bargain is an understatement!

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=THE+WITCHER+3&authToken=238108914%252cFGh%252fFoWeYwcyXqJsEKdGFQhEotw%253d

Have it reserved and wont be in stock till next week. thanks for sharing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My friends have been encouraging me to get this - they've buried many, many hours into it. It looks a bit too RPG-y for me.

I like big sandbox games with strong narratives, good characters and plenty of slashing/shooting (Red Dead Redemption for example) but I switch off the second there's any RPG nonsense involved. Would I like The Witcher 3?

There are some strong rpg aspects such as potions and crafting but funnily enough this is my favourite game since red dead. There are some similarities between the two and the atmosphere that both of them created are the best in I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Thanks. That's along the lines of what my friends have said.

I'm having problems getting a reservation code anyway. I've seen this before when they've got too many people trying to reserve an item.

• Advertisement

May the 4th sale ,Can and US.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement