Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

May the 4th sale ,Can and US.

Anything good in them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Argos are a mess,i reserved Pro Evo yesterday in naas and when i drove up from dublin they handed me the Euro championship version of the game. Told them it was wrong so they said sorry,mix up of catalogue codes then proceed to try sell me the PS3 version of the game. Explained i reserved amd wanted PS4 version,which it turns out they had no actual stock of. All the dublin stores showed no stock but naas said it had two,when it really didnt. Recently refused to sell me psn vouchers aswell as they wouldnt scan at till despite them being advertised online.

Also there website keeps loading a furniture page when i click on video games now. By using the above link i did get to reserve a copy of Witcher but ill believe i can get it at that price when i have it in my hand.

TL;DR Argos seem to have great prices but they dont always have the nessacery stock to back it up. And there stock system/website are a mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

EoinHef wrote: »
    Argos are a mess,i reserved Pro Evo yesterday in naas and when i drove up from dublin they handed me the Euro championship version of the game.

Im pretty sure its the same game (PES 2016 and Euros 2016 cover), its just a new cover on the game...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tinie wrote: »
    Im pretty sure its the same game (PES 2016 and Euros 2016 cover), its just a new cover on the game...

Yep:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2337059.html

Ahhhh ****!!!

I was positive they were different games!! Thought they had a standalone for the Euro's!

:(

• Advertisement

They still have one copy left in Naas,that will be €37 for both the witcher and pro evo '16 as they gave me a €10 voucher for the 'confusion' yesterday. Bit embarassed now:(

They still have one copy left in Naas,that will be €37 for both the witcher and pro evo '16 as they gave me a €10 voucher for the 'confusion' yesterday. Bit embarassed now:(

In fairness I did think it was a stand alone game too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I don't think Konami released enough content for a stand alone game, just a new stadium, new jerseys and the Euro mode last I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My friends have been encouraging me to get this - they've buried many, many hours into it. It looks a bit too RPG-y for me.

I like big sandbox games with strong narratives, good characters and plenty of slashing/shooting (Red Dead Redemption for example) but I switch off the second there's any RPG nonsense involved. Would I like The Witcher 3?

I'm not an rpg fan. Tried elder scrolls and stuff like that but just never warmed to them. Said id give the witcher 3 a shot as I saw it going cheap somewhere. Its now one of my favourite games ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HMV have a great sale at the moment. Most games have 30, 40 or 50% off. I just got The Crew for 12 quid after 40% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    HMV have a great sale at the moment. Most games have 30, 40 or 50% off. I just got The Crew for 12 quid after 40% off.

Beat me to it, was in Dundrum and got Shadow of Mordor for PS4 for €12.50. Saw Watchdogs for €10, Mad Max €15 and Evolve for €7.50. A lot of games very much at Amazon prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

van_beano wrote: »
    Beat me to it, was in Dundrum and got Shadow of Mordor for PS4 for €12.50. Saw Watchdogs for €10, Mad Max €15 and Evolve for €7.50. A lot of games very much at Amazon prices.

Is this just in store ?

marvsins wrote: »
    Is this just in store ?

Closing down sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Any console deals?

RedXIV wrote: »
    Any console deals?

Didn't spot any, I doubt it though as not everything had discounts, the Lego Dimensions accessories were still full price. Seemed to be games, music and DVD's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

van_beano wrote: »
    Closing down sale.

What is hmv closing down all stores or just Dundrum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I think its all the stock from Xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They are in the process of closing down most stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hey ordered uncharted 4 from Smyths on the deal that was posted awhile back 10% off. Just recieved an email with a download code just wondering if that's what everyone got. Thought I was ordering a disc version but seems not .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Hey ordered uncharted 4 from Smyths on the deal that was posted awhile back 10% off. Just recieved an email with a download code just wondering if that's what everyone got. Thought I was ordering a disc version but seems not .

That's just for the DLC extras you get for preordering. I did the same and will be picking it up tomorrow

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    That's just for the DLC extras you get for preordering. I did the same and will be picking it up tomorrow

Ah that makes sense did you get a mail to say the game is available to pick up or just the one mail.

Ah that makes sense did you get a mail to say the game is available to pick up or just the one mail.

Got same dlc email. Probably won't get collection email till morning as its needed to collect from store and if they sent it today odds are people will chance their arm and try getting it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Just the DLC email like yourself so far

Got same dlc email. Probably won't get collection email till morning as its needed to collect from store and if they sent it today odds are people will chance their arm and try getting it tonight.

Thought as much but didn't want to put the code into the store in case it was for the game preload . I'd say there will be a fair few changing their arms alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I got the Smyths code too. It didn't work for me. Did this happen to anyone else? Do we know what exactly it's for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I got the Smyths code too. It didn't work for me. Did this happen to anyone else? Do we know what exactly it's for?

Code probably isn't active yet. Had that problem with AC:Black Flag on launch. Try it again tomorrow.

Just got email saying it's ready to be collected even though store is closed now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

For the Pre Order bonus, prob won't work until tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just got email saying it's ready to be collected even though store is closed now

Didn't get mine yet just got one saying not my order is in progress and not to travel to the store until I get another mail; a/c got debited the 55 now as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement