Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think it is getting released digitally. Not every game gets preorder/preloaded on PSN, I believe that the publishers are charged extra for that.

From the way people were talking I thought it was out here.

Not up on the store for pre-order yet, game only out here on May 17 in UK/IE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

FarCry 4 PS3 for 12.99 or the gold edition for 14.99 on the PS store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Got Rayman Legends & Trials Fusion for $20 Canadian (€13.60)

Bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Ooh...Argos are offering the PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle for €389 + get Doom for only €14 :D

So. Tempted. Must. Resist.

Is now a bad time to buy a PS4 (with the 'neo' coming out?). Honestly I'm a casual gamer and had the PS3 for exclusives (like Uncharted 2 & 3) - had been holding out for a proper few AAA titles and the new Uncharted - and now seems like a good time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Elessar wrote: »
    Ooh...Argos are offering the PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle for €389 + get Doom for only €14 :D

So. Tempted. Must. Resist.

Is now a bad time to buy a PS4 (with the 'neo' coming out?). Honestly I'm a casual gamer and had the PS3 for exclusives (like Uncharted 2 & 3) - had been holding out for a proper few AAA titles and the new Uncharted - and now seems like a good time?

If/when the Neo comes out, the price should drop more so if you can hold off, I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If you want it get it now. Would you really hold off for six months to save maybe €50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

How do you know it would only be €50? Im sure going second hand would save you more than that.

Also €50 is not a trivial amount IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

EoinHef wrote: »
    How do you know it would only be €50? Im sure going second hand would save you more than that.

I paid for a PS4 last year even though I thought a cut was coming at Xmas but it didn't, glad I didn't wait, also I wouldn't buy a console second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's not just a potential price cut, we know there is going to be a better PS4 available soon, so if you want the latest, might be worth waiting a month to see more about it at E3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Benzino wrote: »
    It's not just a potential price cut, we know there is going to be a better PS4 available soon, so if you want the latest, might be worth waiting a month to see more about it at E3.

Latest rumour states we won't get any annoucement at E3, instead they are waiting till TGS in September, so could be waiting a few months

• Advertisement

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I paid for a PS4 last year even though I thought a cut was coming at Xmas but it didn't, glad I didn't wait, also I wouldn't buy a console second hand.

Fair enough,not everyone is going to want to go second hand,personally wouldnt bother me. Im sure there will be tons of people trying to get rid of PS4's second hand when the "Neo" launches so there will be bargains to be had. I got Pro 2016 and The Witcher 3 for less than €50 the other day,id rather wait and keep the €50 for somwthing like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RedXIV wrote: »
    Latest rumour states we won't get any annoucement at E3, instead they are waiting till TGS in September, so could be waiting a few months

Latest rumor is that the 4.5 will be on the shelves in September ahead of the PSVR release in October. It was leaked by a French retailer only days ago.

That would make sense seeing as the 4.5 has more power to make the VR experience better with higher frame rates.

Latest rumor is that the 4.5 will be on the shelves in September ahead of the PSVR release in October. It was leaked by a French retailer only days ago.

That would make sense seeing as the 4.5 has more power to make the VR experience better with higher frame rates.

Also don't forget the newer PS4 is rumoured to be around €500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

€50 over six months is €2 a week. If your console, or any other luxury buy, isn't worth €2 a week to you then you don't need it in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Also don't forget the newer PS4 is rumoured to be around €500.

I'd be astonished if they try to release the "neo" for €500. The PS4 is 3 years old in November and is currently €350. I'd say €450 tops. Anything over €100 in the difference would be a suicidal marketing strategy. PS VR is going to be a fairly niche market as it is.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    €50 over six months is €2 a week. If your console, or any other luxury buy, isn't worth €2 a week to you then you don't need it in your life.

Again,its totally wasted money. If you have no patients and dont mind throwing money away fair enough but i wouldnt feel the same way about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Again,its totally wasted money. If you have no patients and dont mind throwing money away fair enough but i wouldnt feel the same way about it.

You're not getting it, it's not wasted money. They get six months use of it for that €50. No one would buy anything on release or even 2 or 3 years after release with your attitude of "it'll be less expensive in a year, I'll buy it then"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sure save your money for 5 years when the PS5 is out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Let's stick to bargain talk, please.

You're not getting it, it's not wasted money. They get six months use of it for that €50. No one would buy anything on release or even 2 or 3 years after release with your attitude of "it'll be less expensive in a year, I'll buy it then"

Except were not talking about a day one purchase here are we? Were talking about a console thats already out years and in 6 months can be got a lot cheaper as the newer version will be out. I do 'get it' but dont agree. Value for money is obviously not something a lot of people here care about.

Sorry this will be my last post on the issue,i know people hate the BA threads filled with chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Price has dropped again,
    Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4 Wireless Headset (PS4)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00EI4V3X2/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2OAJ7377F756P

Except were not talking about a day one purchase here are we? Were talking about a console thats already out years and in 6 months can be got a lot cheaper as the newer version will be out. I do 'get it' but dont agree. Value for money is obviously not something a lot of people here care about.

Sorry this will be my last post on the issue,i know people hate the BA threads filled with chat.

We do not know for sure if in 6 months it'll be cheaper, it could still be €350 and the Neo be €450-500 and that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition (all DLC included) down to $16 on the Canadian PSN Store. (€11)

Is it any good? Looks like a good deal but I'd rather be sure it's decent before I buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

PlayStation 4 - Konsole (500GB) inkl. Disney Infinity 3.0

€288 delivered,

Good deal when you trade extra's back in to Cex,
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00ARAH4UM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A8KICS1PHF7ZO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New games on sale now . Not as great as last sale
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw Bully (canis canem edit) and Manuhunt are on sale on psn store, 15 quid each down to 9 euro. Think I might have to take a trip back to school.

GTA Trilogy for 18 euro as well is some bargain. Each of the entries on their own are down to 8 euro each from 15.

No discount on the Witcher season pass, the base game is 24.99 and the version with the pass is 49.99. So no reason to get the season pass version as it's actually 1c more than the discounted game and the full price season pass bought separately.

Be better to get the game now and play through the 100s of hours of the base game and then get the DLC when discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

PlayStation 4 - Konsole (500GB) inkl. Disney Infinity 3.0

€288 delivered,

Good deal when you trade extra's back in to Cex,
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00ARAH4UM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A8KICS1PHF7ZO

wasnt disney infinity recently cancelled?

SharpCoder wrote: »
    wasnt disney infinity recently cancelled?

Their internal studio close down, I think it's going to be out sourced and licensed it. Don't think it'll disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    Their internal studio close down, I think it's going to be out sourced and licensed it. Don't think it'll disappear.

Nope. Its been s**tcanned, last figures/dlc are out next month. Still a good price for the PS4 though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement