Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Argos have a great deal at the moment

PS4 500gb, Doom and Uncharted 4 for €343

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

SharpCoder wrote: »
    wasnt disney infinity recently cancelled?

Trade all the extra's into cex and keep the console. It works out at a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

martyos121 wrote: »
    Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition (all DLC included) down to $16 on the Canadian PSN Store. (€11)

Is it any good? Looks like a good deal but I'd rather be sure it's decent before I buy it.

If you havent played any of the series, I will say that it isnt for everyone.

I am a fan and really liked it and at that price, including DLC, its a bargain.

Good mix of stealth, reasonable ballistics and the ever so cool, kill cam :cool:

If you like shooters and stealth with a bit of thinking involved, its a good buy at that price IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

amadablam wrote: »
    If you havent played any of the series, I will say that it isnt for everyone.

I am a fan and really liked it and at that price, including DLC, its a bargain.

Good mix of stealth, reasonable ballistics and the ever so cool, kill cam :cool:

If you like shooters and stealth with a bit of thinking involved, its a good buy at that price IMHO.

Cheers, sounds like I might enjoy it, played the demo of one of the past games and thought it was cool, but I didn't buy the game because I thought it might get repetitive. Think I'll go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

Looking to get a PS4. Saw a deal of PS4 500GB, Uncharted 4 and Doom all for €345. Any opinions? Should I wait for the PS4 Neo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Silverman. wrote: »
    Looking to get a PS4. Saw a deal of PS4 500GB, Uncharted 4 and Doom all for 345. Any opinions? Should I wait for the PS4 Neo?
    There's a post in Bargian alerts with the same deal for 329 in Argos. 85 back if you don't like the games so less than 250.

The waiting for the neo has been discussed in the past few days if you go back a few pages.

DubDJ wrote: »
    There's a post in Bargian alerts with the same deal for 329 in Argos. 85 back if you don't like the games so less than 250.

it's the same deal I posted, you have to add €14 extra to get the 2 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not for me

ubqrhiK.png

Cracking deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

That's a serious deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

That works out at the PS4 500GB for €245. The Neo could be double that. Some PS3's are selling for €190. I may go for it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

That cant be right, can it?

EDIT: just checked argos site, it is, bloody nice deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

I just bought the 1TB edition of that deal with the same games - €383 FYI. Great deal, and great games.

Cracking flash sales on in US ,Can and IE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cracking flash sales on in US ,Can and IE.

IE??

sweetie wrote: »
    IE??

Ireland ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Ireland

Anything worth getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

What's the best price I could get a ps3 for lads? One that ideally plays ps1 and ps2 games and is it possible to watch sky go on TV using the psg, 3? Sorry if in wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

eh i dunno wrote: »
    What's the best price I could get a ps3 for lads? One that ideally plays ps1 and ps2 games and is it possible to watch sky go on TV using the psg, 3? Sorry if in wrong thread

Sky Go query:
    https://www.sky.com/help/articles/watch-tv-from-sky-on-sony-playstation

Backwards compatibility query:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_and_PlayStation_2_games_compatible_with_PlayStation_3

to be able to play ps2 games you would need to get the original fat ps3

have a look here or here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

AFAIR only the original fat 60gb model is backwards compatible. They go on adverts for between 100 and 150 with games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ireland

Yeah, obviously but I checked and didn't see anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sweetie wrote: »
    Yeah, obviously but I checked and didn't see anything!

Flash sales only happen in the US and Canadian store. Europe never get flash sales but there is a May madness sale in Irish store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Went to buy Never Alone cause it was on sale then saw it had ended :(
    None of the new ones caught my interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Id stay away from the original model fat ps3 which plays ps1 and ps2 games.

Chances are it overheated and had the yellow light of death at one stage, and had its solder points reflowed to make it work now. And it will only be a matter of time before the problem is back.

You'd be far better off buying a PS2 to play the old games on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Bought lords of the fallen.
    Will look forward to that at some point now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

As I mentioned in the megathread Pure Pool and The Golf Club are only $5 and $4.50 CAD / US and are worth a punt. I dont think theyre on sale in the Irish store.

If anyone wants to get some games going my psn name is waveformIRL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

I thought Infamous First Light was a decent enough game, was even better when it was on the IGC. Saying that, would €9.99 in the PS Store for Second Son be a decent price For it? Physical copies are nearly double that in CEX and Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

van_beano wrote: »
    I thought Infamous First Light was a decent enough game, was even better when it was on the IGC. Saying that, would €9.99 in the PS Store for Second Son be a decent price For it? Physical copies are nearly double that in CEX and Amazon.

Buy it!!! It was a savage game and looked lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

Has anyone ever buying off abcdkey they have uncharted 4 for €30 and Doom 4 for €25
    *snip*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you've a reasonable PC, talking a relatively new laptop or computer not a monster gaming rig, it should be able to emulate PS1 and PS2 with no issues in most games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement