Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rob808 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever buying off abcdkey they have uncharted 4 for €30 and Doom 4 for €25

Don't go near it. You are buying access to an accoubt that has Uncharted on it. Dodgy as f.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have cut out those links, far too dodgy I'm afraid. Serious caveat emptor applies when purchasing from sites like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Tesco UK are doing a deal for a PS4 500gb with Doom, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank and COD BLOPS 3 for £274 =~€354

so put them all into your basket and use Parcel Motel for delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Anything worth getting?

Grim Fandango remastered for $4, I'm on that :)

Is Killzone Shadow Fall any use? It's only $5 at the min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

At 5USD Killzone is a steal. Didn't enjoy it too much myself but for $5 you can't really go wrong, even if you like me get bored after several hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

maximoose wrote: »

Yeah, definately worth getting. I however enjoyed it so I guess it's not everyones cup of tea but well worth trying out. If you enjoy the Killzone Online experience I am sure you will find that it's worth the money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

maximoose wrote: »

Pretty underrated game imo. Destiny killed it for me though. I'd say if destiny hadn't come along is have put in a serious amount of hours there.

Slight digression but Killzone on the Vita was a savage game. Well worth picking up if you have a Vita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just purchased the following off Canadian store before sale ended, absolute bargain.

Riptide GP 2 - $1.74
    Killzone Shadowfall - $4.99
    Super Mega Baseball - $4.99
    Jackbox Partypack 2 - $4.99
    I Am Bread - $4.49

As I had $1.25 sitting in my wallet I purchased all these for €13.58 by purchasing the $20 code from www.pcgamesupply.com

Can not wait to play Jackbox Partypack 2 with mates when we get together next, the first pack was unbelievable...

EDIT: Actually sale ends at 8pm Irish time AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Can you be banned for buying from different region stores on Ps4 or is it grand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

kevovek wrote: »
    Can you be banned for buying from different region stores on Ps4 or is it grand?

Na.

I suppose that it is possible that Sony could ban your foreign account, but sure they'd be loosing a fortune in lost revenue then ;)

Loads of people are at it years and Sony haven't done anything about it, and I'm sure they won't . They seem to turn a blind eye to it as they are making a heap of cash on digital sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is it any good?

Imo yes.

It's an odd one though. Not an arcade racer but also not a sim. Kinda takes a bit from both genres in a strange mix that kind of works.

Beautiful to look at and at €8.99 it's a bargain. You definately get your money's worth at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's the best driving game on ps4.

Only problem is you have to download 51 different free add ons in the store.

Edit: also it keeps signing me out of psn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My Plus ran out. I know that memberships are region based but is there anywhere online that does decent deals for Plus or am I just better off buying through the store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That_Guy wrote: »
    My Plus ran out. I know that memberships are region based but is there anywhere online that does decent deals for Plus or am I just better off buying through the store?

Get through the store or in a b&m shop. Plus memberships are country based, you need an Irish sub for an Irish account unfortunately.

http://www.adverts.ie/10260248

I got 6 months for €20 off this guy, codes emailed straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is it any good?

I didn't like it, found it very boring almost like NFS Shift just get certain amount of stars from races to unlock the next set, wasn't a fan of the driving mechanics either.

But I suppose for the price you can't go wrong really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

On Irish PSN store

BloodBorne €23.99
    BloodBorne GOTY Edition €29.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ShaneU wrote: »

I see the season pass is 13 euro on it's own. I already own the game, wish there was a cheap upgrade to season pass to go with this sale as well. Although it sounds good for 13 quid as well. Anyone recommend the season pass? I wouldn't mind a go of the bikes but not for 15 euro.

EDIT: Actually wait, I can't seem to even purchase Bikes DLC as 'I already own DriveClub'. Is the Bikes update free but you can pay 15 euro for a standalone version if you don't own Driveclub? The amount of DLC for this game and it's different versions is a bit confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I just don't know if I should take the punt with Driveclub . I would be buying it purely for the VR in the future. Nothing about whether the Vr is an add on or standalone will be announced till E3 .

Decisions , decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I just don't know if I should take the punt with Driveclub . I would be buying it purely for the VR in the future. Nothing about whether the Vr is an add on or standalone will be announced till E3 .

Decisions , decisions.

It's been this price before, it'll likely be this price again. Hold off if you're not sure I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

RedXIV wrote: »
    It's been this price before, it'll likely be this price again. Hold off if you're not sure I reckon

Didn't the fire the whole team behind Drive Club? Can't see anything new coming for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Didn't the fire the whole team behind Drive Club? Can't see anything new coming for the game.

Even more reason for sony to constantly shove a "AAA" title on sale, the development team can't complain and I imagine everyone who REALLY wanted it, has already picked it up

RedXIV wrote: »

Pfft. Crazy advice.

The obvious answer here is add it to your backlog and never play it.

On Irish PSN store

BloodBorne €23.99
    BloodBorne GOTY Edition €29.99

Think I'll get BloodBorne, it gets a lot of love in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

You know the correct safe answer is the store, even though its cheap on adverts i wouldnt risk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

eddhorse wrote: »
    You know the correct safe answer is the store, even though its cheap on adverts i wouldnt risk it.

Yeah, I opted with the store. Better safe than sorry. Decided to buy Driveclub for €8.99
    Money well spent. Very slick little racer.

It's a shame that it was plagued with development issues because it's a really enjoyable racing sim with very addictive arcade style challenges thrown in.

At this price, it's well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Where would people rank Bloodborne to say The Witcher, I bought FO4 but have only played like 30 mins, Im more a sword guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

astonaidan wrote: »
    Where would people rank Bloodborne to say The Witcher, I bought FO4 but have only played like 30 mins, Im more a sword guy

Equal, Bloodborne is better combat, cooler story/lore and massively rewarding

The Witcher is just fun as hell to play, bigger game, you'll probably pull more from it.

If you've less patience or never played a FromSoft game before then Bloodborne will be hard as nuts for the first few hours, the combat looks simple but takes a lot of adjusting to from your basic hack n slash, it's fabulous once it clicks with you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement