Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Id say witcher over bloodborne myself by a long shot. I enjoyed bloodborne but witcher just got me hook line and sinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Is journey worth a punt on the PS3 at 15 euros? seems pricey to me for a 4yr old game. I did want Heavy rain but its seems to have disappeared from the store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is journey worth a punt on the PS3 at 15 euros? seems pricey to me for a 4yr old game. I did want Heavy rain but its seems to have disappeared from the store

You'll get special edition disc with Flower and Flow in HMV for a tenner but it is a great game to play.

I think Heavy Rain was always just a Disc Only game on the PS3 - you could never get it on the store and tbh, I would definitely pick Journey over Heavy Rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Guitar Hero Live - 40euro in smyths
    Battleborn - 40euro in smyths also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

... Not bad for guitar hero. Thats pretty much my biting point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

... Not bad for guitar hero. Thats pretty much my biting point.

Yeah amazing game I had it before I think I paid 77.50 in Argos for it a week or 2 after launch played it a lot ... Well worth it at that price.. I did have to sell to cex for 40euro for holiday to Germany so rebuying at same price would be great ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

mgs: phantom pain is €29.99 currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That's me sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

SharpCoder wrote: »
    mgs: phantom pain is €29.99 currently

where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved the old GH's so very tempted to get this one at that price. I had a quick look at the tracklist and career mode has some amount of shyte in it like Katy Perry :(

The GH TV looks to have much better tracks though. Anyone have this and recommend it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Skerries wrote: »
    where?

Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Argos.

Also same price on psn store

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Skerries wrote: »
    where?

PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I loved the old GH's so very tempted to get this one at that price. I had a quick look at the tracklist and career mode has some amount of shyte in it like Katy Perry :(

The GH TV looks to have much better tracks though. Anyone have this and recommend it?

I would highly recommend it if you liked previous incarnations of the game, it is back on form and far better than Rock Band, it's got a great selection of songs and it's stripped down it's control system making everything more intuitive, you can't really go wrong with the price either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Fifa 16 is 24.99 on PSN, should i get it?

Fifa 16 is 24.99 on PSN, should i get it?

Thinking the same. I'm not big into soccer but I've enjoyed the player career mode on fifa more than other sports games.

Sound for that man, picked up GH in store, would have never seen it as they it up behind the counter and couldn't see the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Myself and a friend are thinking of getting Farming Simulator 15 while its down to 25 euro.

Is it any good?

I have a logitech g29 to play it with but i cant find anywhere online if its confirmed working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Play Asia have Darks Souls II for PS4 for €21.33 including postage when I used Paypal.

Link

Offer expires in 17 hours or so. Not a bad price for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Game Collection have Doom for £29.95.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Arkham Knight €24
    Uncharted - Nathan Drake Collection €30
    Fallout 4 €42
    Far Cry Primal €42
    MGS V €30
    Witcher 3 €25

Nice one OP. I didn't need to eat this month anyway.

--

Anyone recommend anything on the list? Esp the indie titles - I'll play basically anything with a single player campaign.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Arkham Knight €24
    Uncharted - Nathan Drake Collection €30
    Fallout 4 €42
    Far Cry Primal €42
    MGS V €30
    Witcher 3 €25

Nice one OP. I didn't need to eat this month anyway.

--

Anyone recommend anything on the list? Esp the indie titles - I'll play basically anything with a single player campaign.

Witcher 3 - I only started it but im loving it so far.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Witcher 3 - I only started it but im loving it so far.

Agree on Witcher 3, brilliant game and the new DLC was just out yesterday. Discount on Witcher was from the last sale so will be back to original price tomorrow.

Xenji wrote: »
    I would highly recommend it if you liked previous incarnations of the game...

Thanks man, played a bit last night and was a great laugh. Gonna be a while to get used to the new tabs but feel it will work better when I do. Awful having a crowd giving out to ya, makes me play even worse. The band is cheesy but I think it's a great feature to have actual reactions. GHTV is the business, some craic and now I can't get ZZ Top's 'Gotsta Get Paid out of my head.

Good spot Eoin.

Just Cause 3 at €38 and Dying Light: The Following Edition at €36 are both very tempting. I played through Dying Light already but wouldn't mind playing The Following. Not sure if it's worth €36 for that alone?

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Just Cause 3 at €38 and Dying Light: The Following Edition at €36 are both very tempting. I played through Dying Light already but wouldn't mind playing The Following. Not sure if it's worth €36 for that alone?

Just Cause 3 is good fun , that XL edition has the season pass and one of the dlc turns your wingsuit into a jetpack and there is a new one coming out where you have a mech. The Following DLC was very good and the map is massive dunno if its worth that price as DLC is €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭.red.

Sorry if this is the wrong section. Didnt want to start a new thread.
    My son wants a ps3 for his 7th birthday. Im a bit clueless when it comes to consoles.
    I looked online but im a bit wary as i dont know what to look out for. Gamestop have a refurbished 120gb slim for €149 with one controller and 1 year warranty. Is this a good deal. A 2nd controller will cost another €30 (i think thats what he said). 2nd hand games will do him and the discs he wants are pretty cheap so he can get a few from aunts/uncles and buy more from any money he has saved.
    Are there better buys out there? I dont need it till the end of July so dont mind buying a controller online and waiting for delivery if thats a good option? Ive seen them on dx and ebay for cheap but dunno if their good value or should be avoided.
    Any advise?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

.red. wrote: »
    My son wants a ps3 for his 7th birthday. Im a bit clueless when it comes to consoles.
    I looked online but im a bit wary as i dont know what to look out for. Gamestop have a refurbished 120gb slim for €149 with one controller and 1 year warranty. Is this a good deal. A 2nd controller will cost another €30 (i think thats what he said). 2nd hand games will do him and the discs he wants are pretty cheap so he can get a few from aunts/uncles and buy more from any money he has saved.
    Are there better buys out there? I dont need it till the end of July so dont mind buying a controller online and waiting for delivery if thats a good option? Ive seen them on dx and ebay for cheap but dunno if their good value or should be avoided.
    Any advise?
    Thanks.

Its not a bad deal to be honest, but you could get a better one. I would say look at CEX, they have stores on Georges St and just of Henry St, and you'd get a similar console for cheaper

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS3120SEB002#.V06fzfkrJhE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

.red. wrote: »
    Any advise?
    Thanks.
    for another 100 euro you could buy a ps4 on adverts i am sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement