Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭.red.

for another 100 euro you could buy a ps4 on adverts i am sure.

Hes asked for a ps3 and its cheaper so im not gonna tell him otherwise lol. A lot of his friends have the ps3 so thats why he wants it. Ill also need to pick up a cheap 2nd hand tv for it so trying to keep costs down as much a possible. His god parents might be upgrading their tv so if they are ill get them to give him the old one as his present. Its a 32 inch tho and i was hoping for something smaller, maybe 19/21 inch.
    Theres a cx in cork so ill ring them to see what they have.
    What should i be looking for in GB? Our wifi is shocking, 2 mbs on a good day so online gaming with his friends is probably ruled out if that make any difference to what i should buy?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

for another 100 euro you could buy a ps4 on adverts i am sure.

But ps3 games are not compatible, so a ps4 as the newer product will work out way more expensive for games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

.red. wrote: »
    Hes asked for a ps3 and its cheaper so im not gonna tell him otherwise lol. A lot of his friends have the ps3 so thats why he wants it. Ill also need to pick up a cheap 2nd hand tv for it so trying to keep costs down as much a possible. His god parents might be upgrading their tv so if they are ill get them to give him the old one as his present. Its a 32 inch tho and i was hoping for something smaller, maybe 19/21 inch.
    Theres a cx in cork so ill ring them to see what they have.
    What should i be looking for in GB? Our wifi is shocking, 2 mbs on a good day so online gaming with his friends is probably ruled out if that make any difference to what i should buy?
    Thanks.
    Cex are much cheaper

https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=Ps3&section=&refinecat=Playstation3+Consoles&CategoryID=810

Defo advise buying in cex over gamestop

Avoid gamestop at all costs they are rip off pricewise

Also with storage go for the 120gb minimum

Cex are much cheaper

https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=Ps3&section=&refinecat=Playstation3+Consoles&CategoryID=810

Defo advise buying in cex over gamestop

Avoid gamestop at all costs they are rip off pricewise

Also with storage go for the 120gb minimum

Thanks for the replies.
    Just tried ringing cex in cork and got a dublin number with an automated service and no option to talk.
    What kind of warranty will they give on a ps3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Thanks for the replies.
    Just tried ringing cex in cork and got a dublin number with an automated service and no option to talk.

1 year so standard warranty

Stores do not have phone lines you can check stores stock on website..

What ps3 you looking for and ill check stock levels for you

• Advertisement

1 year so standard warranty

Stores do not have phone lines you can check stores stock on website..

What ps3 you looking for and ill check stock levels for you

Cheers. 120gb slim seems to be the one to look for? The 160gb isnt much more tho, is it worth the xtra few €€? Dumb question maybe but whats the storage used for? Memory in games or for downloading games? My last console was a ps1 so im out of touch.
    I can check it online myself. Was just trying to ring to ask about warranty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cheers. 120gb slim seems to be the one to look for? The 160gb isnt much more tho, is it worth the xtra few €€? Dumb question maybe but whats the storage used for? Memory in games or for downloading games? My last console was a ps1 so im out of touch.
    I can check it online myself. Was just trying to ring to ask about warranty.

Installing games use the HDD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Thanks for the replies.

99% sure CEX give a 24 month warranty now on all their stuff they sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Tinie wrote: »
    99% sure CEX give a 24 month warranty now on all their stuff they sell.

Indeed they do: https://ie.webuy.com/support/wesellhelp.php
    My order has developed a fault or has broken.
    Should your order develop a fault within 28 days of receiving it, contact us as soon as possible for a full refund to the original payment method or a replacement.
    We also offer a 24 month warranty* (on all items purchased on or after the 14th Nov 2015.) on all items, except consumables (e.g. batteries, projector bulbs etc.) so if your item develops a fault within 24 months contact us as soon as possible. We will attempt to repair your item, failing that we will replace it. If neither is possible, we’ll offer you a refund to the original payment method to the item’s current sales value.

*Terms of 24 month warranty
    The special warranty period applies only if the products were purchased on or after 14th November 2015. All items purchased from CeX stores or webuy.com, prior to 14th November 2015 come with the standard warranty of 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

sugarman wrote: »
    Goat Simulator PS4 down to €3.59 on PSN, had to give it a go for that price:)

It gets boring very fast. The lads that developed it recommended that users should dl it from torrent sites and not buy it as it was just a pi$$ take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It gets boring very fast. The lads that developed it recommended that users should dl it from torrent sites and not buy it as it was just a pi$$ take.

Why oh why do I buy these?
    I've already got a massive backlog, buying the witcher 3 couldn't possibly be a good idea.

And yet I'm staring at the store page thinking "ah why not?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Looking at getting The Wolf Among Us, really enjoyed the Borderlands game and GOT one. Anyone any input about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you liked Borderlands and GoT I'd say you'll enjoy TWAU, one of Telltale's best.

So The Last Of Us is 23 euros now, you think it will be lower than that soon or should I grab it now while its on sale.
    I have a bitch of a back log hence why Im asking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

astonaidan wrote: »
    So The Last Of Us is 23 euros now, you think it will be lower than that soon or should I grab it now while its on sale.

Think I bought it for 12 quid before, so I'd consider waiting.

RedXIV wrote: »

on ps4, if so cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

on ps4, if so cool :D

Need a US PSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

RedXIV wrote: »

That was on the cdkeys website though and was a rare occuronce.mit might be a while before its that low on psn.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads,

Destiny - The Taken King is now 29.99 in smyths:
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-13975/destiny-the-taken-king-ps4/

Brilliant game for that kind of money :)

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Need a US PSN.
    Doge wrote: »
    That was on the cdkeys website though and was a rare occuronce.mit might be a while before its that low on psn.

ah right, I share with my brother so cant do it with US PSN
    Might just grab it while its 20euros then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Batman: Return to Arkham is working out at €41 on the Game Collection for pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Its an old enough game at this stage, at the very least I would say it will definitely be THAT price again so if you are talking months of a backlog before you would get to play it, I would hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Thinking of picking up either Arkham Knight or AC: Syndicate in this sale. Haven't played either series in a while but enjoyed them in the past, I last played Arkham City and AC: Black Flag and liked those. What are the recent games like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I finished Assassin's Creed Unity a few weeks ago. I thought it was good fun. Got Syndicate in Smyths last week as it happens. Good value for €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Syndicate is brilliant, I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

shrewdness wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up either Arkham Knight or AC: Syndicate in this sale. Haven't played either series in a while but enjoyed them in the past, I last played Arkham City and AC: Black Flag and liked those. What are the recent games like?

i hope they make another Black Flag game, not down to the story or missions which were terrible and very repetitive but the whole pirate setting was class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Syndicate is brilliant, I love it.

Def get Syndicate, it's fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

its a fantastic game, one of the best. Is it the GOTY edition cos you get extras with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Looking at getting The Wolf Among Us, really enjoyed the Borderlands game and GOT one. Anyone any input about it

TWAU was my 2nd favourite game in the series (TFTB was my fave), GOT was my least fave

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement