Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

jonnycivic wrote: »

So they say, but the thing about Argos lately is that they don't have any stock anywhere for their cheap games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So they say, but the thing about Argos lately is that they don't have any stock anywhere for their cheap games.

Yeah I normally check about an hour after stores close and some stock shows back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Don't know if anyone's bothered with the PS3 anymore but Splinter Cell Blacklist is only €3.99 on the store at the moment and it's an absolute steal at that price. Got it at the weekend and I'm really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm playing my PS3 a lot at the moment. there's so many gems I never got around to and whilst some of them are showing their age a little bit in comparison to the PS4 (which at the launch didn't feel like a huge upgrade) they're still playable.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm playing my PS3 a lot at the moment. there's so many gems I never got around to and whilst some of them are showing their age a little bit in comparison to the PS4 (which at the launch didn't feel like a huge upgrade) they're still playable.

You should definitely check out Blacklist if you haven't - I'm surprised it hasn't gotten the remaster treatment already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm not sure if I've ever played a Splinter Cell but at that price why not? Cheers.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I've ever played a Splinter Cell but at that price why not? Cheers.

I had Double Agent (I think) on PSP which was pretty crappy but I had no experience of the games on the main consoles. I'm going to pick up the HD remaster of Chaos Theory today for €4 on the store because I'm enjoying Blacklist so much - from reading up on the other games they don't seem to have aged well at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The first 3 games were good then they tried to make a cohesive game whereas these games alongside Hitman worked better broken into individual scenario based missions

I actually played Pandora Tomorrow recently and it was still better than the newer ones imho

Skerries wrote: »
    The first 3 games were good then they tried to make a cohesive game whereas these games alongside Hitman worked better broken into individual scenario based missions

I actually played Pandora Tomorrow recently and it was still better than the newer ones imho

Tbf, the story makes no difference to me at all and it's purely the gameplay that I'm enjoying. I'm doing a mix of the challenge and story missions at the moment so it ends up just being a bunch of scenario based missions anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Nba 2k16 is now free on psn this month..great give Sony thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Nba 2k16 is now free on psn this month..great give Sony thanks

Only if you have PS+, not a bargain if you don't have +.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The official wireless 7.1 surround headset from Sony is €84.99 in Smyths at the moment.

I paid a little over 100 quid for mine and for that price I think they're definitely worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That_Guy wrote: »
    The official wireless 7.1 surround headset from Sony is €84.99 in Smyths at the moment.

I paid a little over 100 quid for mine and for that price I think they're definitely worth it.

They can go down even further, I got them for 65 at Xmas with an extra controller for 95 in total, good old Argos... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fieldog wrote: »
    They can go down even further, I got them for 65 at Xmas with an extra controller for 95 in total, good old Argos... :)

Seems that €85 is the standard price in Smyths and Argos anyway. Still. For that price I think they exceed many high end Turtle Beach headsets for near triple the price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That_Guy wrote: »
    Seems that €85 is the standard price in Smyths and Argos anyway. Still. For that price I think they exceed many high end Turtle Beach headsets for near triple the price.

I have heard nothing but great things about them. Ill stick to my 20 quid Turtle Beach headset until they drop in price again tho.

Street Fighter 5 down to 25 quid in Smyths. Bargain at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A major update is coming out for it as well this month, we will as good as have the full game then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Now that is a seriously cheap price in particular for a game that will receive ongoing updates in the years to come.

I stopped playing it because of the rediculous amount of players rage quitting.

I'll get back to it soon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Guitar Hero Live is €39.99 in argos

Is it worth getting it at that price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Guitar Hero Live is €39.99 in argos, is it worth getting at that price?

Yeah I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Guitar Hero Live is €39.99 in argos

Is it worth getting it at that price?

Yep, very easy to get hooked with it, far better than Rock Band as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Reserved in my local store, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp well worth it at 40 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Argos have Street Fighter V for €24.99 seems like a bargain for anyone interested in the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Battlefield 1 is priced at £35 for pre-order with SimplyGames, very limited stock they say. Get on that quick for anyone looking forward to it, great site to order from too, never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

jonnycivic wrote: »

€24.13 when ordered on its own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Best of E3 sale on US and Canadian store
    https://psprices.com/region-ca/discounts?sort=date&platform=PS4

Also deal on us and Canadian store, spend $100 get $15 voucher

The current sale on irish store ends tomorrow so chances are they will have sale too, so hold off on buying anything until tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement